My father's collection of scale models (for sale)....appraisal's welcome

My father passed away on Feb. 6th at the age of 56 and I have inherited his collection of scale models. He has a website that has the majority of his collection on it (it won't let me update the site so I can't remove items that have been sold), but anyway, the site can be viewed here:

if you click on the Corvette you go to the products page where all the models are listed. Or you can go there directly by clicking here:

He accumulated the collection over the years (since before I was born or was even thought of...I'm 22). He has duplicates or triplicates of some models.

As you can see by the site, the majority are 1/24 and 1/25 scale, but there are others as well. The majority are also auto's, but there are some aircraft, spaceship, or watercraft.

A lot of these models are discontinued. Some are factory sealed, some have the box opened, but the parts are sealed, and some have nothing sealed.

I have been informed by others that there are a number of them that could go for much more than listed, I would change the prices to reflect that, however, because I can't update the site, I have no way of changing things. I know that some are rare since they are sealed and discontinued and I would like to be able to get the most out of them.

My father had great knowledge of them and knew that they were worth more, but he was tired of them sitting there and wanted to sell them quicker so he priced them lower.

I would like some input as to where to go for appraisal's or where to I can post the site or the models themselves that I will get traffic to move these.

I don't want to get rid of any of that stuff of course since it's all memories of him, but I know I have to and that's what he intended to do with them anyway.

Any help would be appreciated.

You may email me directly at the above email address or at the email on the website (it is my father's, but I have his passwords for that stuff so I check it once in a while). Please refer to this posting if you are going to contact me so that I know where the interest is coming from and so I don't have to explain the whole situation again.

Thanks for your time. Michael Maciazka

Reply to
Michael Maciazka

Try Posting this at