Naval Academy Museum OK?

Someone told me they had heard that the US Naval Academy Museum was destroyed in the flood. Any truth to this?

Reply to
Bruce Treffinger

Someone told me they had heard that the US Naval Academy Museum was destroyed in the flood. Any truth to this?

Reply to
Bruce Treffinger

Bruce,

As far as I can tell, Preble Hall (the location of the museum) is situated high enough that the museum should be okay. Preble Hall is located on higher ground than most of the academic buildings that sustained flood damage, and the museum itself is really on the second floor of the building. The model ship collection and Naval Institute Book Store are located lower down in the building, and may have suffered minor flooding which should not have reached the level of the models themselves. Sampson Hall, the academic building across the street from Preble, did suffer minor flood damage to its ground floor.

I would call Bob Sumrall, the curator of ship models at the Academy, but I suspect that the whole Academy is a bit chaotic right now.

A. J. Daverede IPMS 33505

Reply to
Adakian