Need Info on Williams Bros LeRhone Large Scale Engines

I have just about given up on finding a 1/6 Hasegawa LeRhone Engine Kit. I was wondering how the quality of the large scale Williams Bros. kits might compare. Can a high quality display be made from the Williams Bros kits or are they just meant for use as decorations for R/C airplanes?

Reply to
Count DeMoney

i have their radial realism kit and it could be bashed to a stand alone with some sheet and detailing.

you want the directions and schematics of my radial kit to see? look in the pitcher group, ok?

IIRC, quite a while back, FSM ran an article on super detailing the William's kit.

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

There are two kinds of WB engine kits. One type is considered a scale model in itself. This type builds into very nice kits.

There is a second type, meant only as decoration on model airplanes. Originally these were only the cylinders of radial engines. Then, they began to offer them in a kit with the proper no. of cylinders and a crankcase. As far as I know, these were only of later engines, PW and Wright.

I believe the LeRhone in 1:6 is a scale up of their 1:8 LeRhone, which I have built. It is a beautiful model. I have it mounted on an oak mount, and handcarved a nice propeller for it.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota