Dang Hard to Sell Kits

geez, its like trying to decide what kid to save in a fire.

I had big plans for my "wife just got fired" model sale to pay the bills, but after going thru the boxes, I came away with only 5 kits, and then I could not find a way to post them....

Even the monster 1/32 jets with no room to display did not make the cut. maybe I'll give it a little more time. Found more kits in the attic that I had forgotten about.....

stay tuned, maybe I'll find a way to do this....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

When the cupboard has two cans of green beans and a can of evaporated milk, and the refrigerator has a pitcher of water and a bunch of carrots, I wonder how important the 1:32 jet fuel-to-hot-air converters will be...

E.P.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

...so important that he'll make spaghetti dinners from sprue before he sells them, I'd wager.

Reply to
Rufus

Flour, water, vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt. Mix it into dough, roll it out flat, score the dough into squares with a pizza cutter, and cook it for around 30-45 minutes at around 325 F. It's a variant of hardtack, it cost almost nothing to make. It will keep you alive, and also keep well when stored in the refrigerator. The vegetable oil makes it soft enough to not break your teeth.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

I actually ate a rice paper instruction sheet from a Japanese "Tojo" fighter model kit when I was a kid. It didn't taste very good though.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

teeth.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardtack>

...but if he doesn't pay his utility bills then he won't be able to cook... unless he starts a fire outside. :-) Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Reply to
Bill Wesley

geez, its like trying to decide what kid to save in a fire. I had big plans for my "wife just got fired" model sale to pay the bills, but after going thru the boxes, I came away with only 5 kits, and then I could not find a way to post them.... Even the monster 1/32 jets with no room to display did not make the cut. =A0 maybe I'll give it a little more time. Found more kits in the attic that I had forgotten about..... stay tuned, maybe I'll find a way to do this....

When the Cupboard gets more and more empty and Food starts getting scarce the Notches in his Belt will begin toTighten UP then I would expect to see More Stuff making the''CUT'' Hunger changes a Man It Does something to Him on the inside :(

Been There - Found That Out First Hand

... cyberborg ..........

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

when it gets down to a meal or the electric bill, then you have many epjiany's about survival. sell plasma once a week, where are the free kitchens, will the county help? it all depends on how far you're willing to dive. most people can't make it to the bottom. those that do know a lot more than which freakin kit to sell.

Reply to
someone

Boxes of pasta noodes chewed up and swallowed in a dry condition; very filling...if somewhat hard on the teeth. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Kraft macaroni 'n' cheese. Relatively cheap and very filling,

Reply to
The Old Man

we call that "college". still can't eat the stuff.

Reply to
someone

Problem being, more than just choosing which kits to put on the block, you know you'll be lucky to get 1/2 out of whatever you do pick, 3/4 if you're really lucky, 100% if what you pick has been OOP long enough for the dried up supply to make your price more inviting than the bay. Pick the kits you know will still be available at shows or ebay, so you can rebuild your stash when your current crisis ends. I have more now than 4-5 years ago, when my wife suggested we start vendoring (thinning my stash) at shows. Most of the newer stash are OOP auto kits and a few hard to find A/C. One of these days it will all go on the table :-(

In the meantime, start putting your meal scraps in the same place on (or close to) your backporch every night. Tastes like rabbit or chicken and no one needs to know what happened to all the strays (or missing pets) :-)

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

I've disposed of two large collections of unbuilts over the years and helped dispose of another for a friend. I've only purchased one medium- small collection, about a hundred kits. What I have found is that just about any kit ever made (with very few exceptions) can be found, sometimes decades later.

Also, strictly from a builder's view as opposed to a collector's view, new kits in the last few years tend to be better, with most faults of older kits corrected. Case in point: Revell's WWI fighters were my favorite, built several of each. Now we have Roden and Eduard doing some of the same subjects, but of a quality that even a moderately experienced modeler can turn into a masterpiece.

In this Golden Age of scale models we see fantastic kits of things that we have asked for for decades and superb kits that had only been offered as vacuform kits in the past. With resin cast kits no longer the exotic rarity we can fill shelves with models of planes and vehicles that we had never heard of before. True, we also have the less-than-perfect kits that shall always be with us, but even these can bring a smile. Is that C-54 really buildable? I plan on finding out.

So collectors, go ahead and sell some of that stash to buy the beans. She'll certainly appreciate the sacrafice and you can always replace those kits that you treasured.

Been there. Done that. Replaced those.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

The Artiplast Macchi-Castoli MC-72 kit was supposed to be in a league of its own as far as a awful injection-molded kit by a major manufacturer.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

worse than starfix? their shitfire was really bad.

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote in news:fo7xi.242705$ snipped-for-privacy@fe04.news.easynews.com:

Yeah,

These are so awful I just HAD to add them to the collection. But I am rather sure they will truely never be built.

Reply to
Bert-Jan