Need material that's like linoleum without twine backing

I'm looking for some material that has the same characteristics as the
olive/tan colored linoleum you find in art supply stores. I.e. - can
be precisely sanded, readily cut with an X-acto knife etc. I would
need it to come either in approx. 1/8" sheets or be readily mixable so
that you could pour it into a flat sheet of uniform thickness.
The reason I ask is I can't seem to find the linoleum in the art
stores without the twine backing molded into it and the cloth gets in
the way of what I'm trying to do with it. Does it come in those thin
sheets without the backing?
Thanks!
Reply to
Doc
Doc asked:
Are you looking for the carving characteristics more than appearance? Tried vinyl tile from a home improvement center?
Rick
Reply to
OXMORON1
B&Q and other DIY stores do them in Uk with sticky back. Looks like Wood Panel Flooring. About £15.00 a pack of 8.
Spence
Reply to
Spencer
How about pvc floor tiles?