New Luft 46 kits coming from Revell Germany

Several months ago I answered a survey from Revell Germany asking which kits I would like to see more of:

Last night, I saw that indeed the one kit I have been waiting for AML to come out with for over three years is planning to be released in September 2004:

Now if I could only get them to do a Lippisch P-13 a...

Reply to
John R Meloro

"John R Meloro" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Even in 1/32 thats small: 11"

They already have.

The old Mauve kit in 1/48.

And PM do one in 1/72.

Oh you wanted 1/32. Hmmmm :-)

Reply to
Peter Baxter

A 1/32 He-162??? *NOTHING* had better get between me and this kit whenever I see it in the store!!!

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

how many versions will you hack?

Don't know about him, but I'll likely do the HeS 011 powered versions (including engine, which I intend to market) with at least the swept back wing+butterfly tail. I'd like to find data on the proposed "B" model, with larger wing and fuselage stretch, powered by either the Jumo

004 or HeS 011. The later swept wing versions would have had the same stretched fuselage, and the alternate wings were obvious, but on the increased size straight wings, there is next to nothing available. Depending on how well it is done, the kit engine might need replacing, and the engine done for the Craftworks kit would be good replacement. I don't know when, or even if, now, the Craftworks '162 will ever happen, but the engine at least ought to be useful.
Reply to
steve gallacci

I was just thinking about that today. At the very least there are the following:

He 162A-10 He 162C He 162D He 162A-11

Reply to
johnm

that will kill a year's work.

Other than an OOB version, probably either a fictional Luft '46 ground-attack version or a single-seat "A-1a Nachtjager".

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall