New project, new question(s)

Well, I just finished my little Airfix 25lb. field gun and quad vehicle. It turned out pretty well for such an old, basic model. I'm getting pretty good at that whole wash thing, and it really makes a difference. For added detail I used some various resin stowage items. The only part that ended up giving me any difficulty was the windshield. It was tedious getting one shaped and fitted between 2 halves that glue together. It's satisfactory, but is my only issue with the kit. Anyway, now I'm ready to start another big diorama project. In it I want to use the Airfix German reconnaissance set and a Panzer Kpfw IV. The illustrations for the recon set indicate I can color these in the typical German blue/grey, but the only color schemes I have for the Panzer are one solid (sand for desert) or 3 camo patterns. Were any of these Panzers painted solid in the same blue/grey? I'm not quite up to tackling a camo pattern yet, but certainly don't want inaccuracies. My Panzer is the 1/72 Italeri kit, and I'm anxious to build it. There seems to be good detail, and I'll try to bring out as much as possible. I've gotten pretty good at weathering, and may even attempt simulating battle damage.

Well, as always, thanks for your input. Some of you have not only addressed my questions, but added historical info as well. I'm very grateful for that, as it helps me create a better theme for my dioramas. Regards,

Randy IPMS Houston

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

Plenty of panzer ivs were painted blue/grey - early european war and russian front for example.

Web search pulls up plenty of examples -

see

starters

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

The IV was the only German tank that was produced throughout the war so it wore most imaginable camouflage schemes including Panzer grey. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper