No Hummer H2 Kit?

Has anyone heard rumors of anyone doing a plastic H2? I think there are some die-cast models, but I've got a particular project in mind which requires a plastic kit.

Reply to
Rick DeNatale

I'm gettin a Hummer! Woo Hoo!

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

snipped-for-privacy@modelcar.com (Greg Plummer) wrote in :

Alternatively, take a brick, and cut out a wedge to form the windscreen and hood. It'll even handle better than the original.

Reply to
Harro de Jong

I actually got to see one catch on fire this week in Florida. Expensive bonfire!

Reply to
<rgoldman

snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote in :

The first dissatisfied customer setting fire to his truck (the 'Maus' of cars)?

Reply to
Harro de Jong

nope poor SOB was driving down I95 and it burst into flames

Reply to
<rgoldman

don't think he was poor.

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (e) wrote in :

Poor in spirit, maybe.

Reply to
Harro de Jong

he is now.

Reply to
<rgoldman

i kinda doubt it. first he'll call his lawyer, then dealer, then hummer. unless he did something really stupid to it, i bet he gets another with a tacit agreement to shut up about it.

I've seen about three which is about three too many. :(

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

My own take is that the H2 is about the worst SUV on or off the road for the price or any other economic valuation you choose to make, but the real proof will be to look back in about 2013 and see how good opinions of them are then. I remember lots of people thinking the Chevy Citation and the other X-cars (wasn't that the name GM had for them?) were really great when they first came out in the early '80s, but it didn't take long for everyone to figure out they were junk. Assuming we're even allowed to own SUVs in 2013, let's see if the H2 is still around, new or used.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for they shall *walk* to their destination...

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

close.....

find a box, attach wheels, you got a H2 kit

Reply to
N329DF

Covering said box with Bare-Metal foil will get you a model of the one that visits my neighbourhood. With all the lights it has and that shiny surface it reminds me of a Japanese tinplate toy of the '50s.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

funny, they cost about the same today.