No self control!

Well... I said I wasn't going to buy any more kits until my stash got down to 70. Apart from the Eduard FW190 of course, but that didn't count, 'cos I was going to build it straight away...

But looking at the Hannants site, I see that the new Xtrakits Meteor F8 kit has been released. So... an order for four has just been placed!

I have *no* self control.

But... since October 8, I have built (in 1/72) three F-4s (an F-4J, F-4C and FG.1), an F-86, two CF-104s and an F-8E(FN). In 1/48 I am putting the finishing touches to a CF-104 and a Spitfire II.

So at least I can console myself with the fact that my stash isn't getting any bigger... ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Heh.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Uh oh... this isn't going to be good news for Enzo's Stash Reduction Initiative of 2006 is it?

First step - rationalization...

Second step - temptation...

Another patient lost.

A brief glimmer of hope - admission that there is a problem

Final step... justification. All is lost

Sad, so very sad. ;-)

Might as well PE and resin that bad boy up (times 4) when it comes in!

WmB

Reply to
WmB

nurse, make that patient and bring me a martoony.

Much pathetic rambling snipped from here on. It is called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, OCD for short. The fact that you are posting here is proof that you are a victim of this dreaded budget wrecking condition, just like all the rest of us pathetic victims.

Bill Shuey Only 70 kits? Buddy, you are a piker!

Reply to
William H. Shuey

In article , "William H. Shuey" wrote:>Status: N

yeah, geez, even i broke 200. or they broke me, whatever.

what's that from, bill? it's on the tip of my brain.... wait. bill cosby. "noah!"

How long can you tread water? ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yup, it's been stuck in mine for a long time.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

"Enzo Matrix" wrote

Show off. Mine's getting bigger, despite my assurances to myself that I had every model I could possibly want, ever.

Rob

Reply to
AussieRob

what's a cubit? let's see, i used to know that.

In triplicate? You simply 'must', you know.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

there is another variant ar234 sketched on a napkin at the sheizkellar beergarden in april of '45 that i'll need 3 kits for. yo, mr lindberg.......

Mad-Modeller wrote

Triplicate? At least triplicate. Some of them I've got 6 or more... Mebbee I should cut off my hands.

Rob

Reply to
AussieRob

AussieRob wrote in news:Xns9880E5A391652rgrinbergspamspam@203.87.95.150:

Nope, won't work.

That would simply (possibly) stop you from building them. Not from wanting and/or buying them.

I stopped (had to stop) actively collecting guitars, bayonets, ammunition and tin/lead soldiers and only still collect kits and books.

Now, that I stopped collecting does not mean I didn't buy a nice french bayonet last friday.

It's in my blood, I can't help it!!

Cheers,

Dennis

Reply to
Mechanical Menace

coins, motorcycles, kits, and music.....help me jeebus!

The best I can do is remove my stash from the "storage" (oshi-ire, or Japanese cupboard, the only one in the room), stack it on the floor maker-sorted, make a list labelled "sell", post it on r.m.s. etc., and then spend the evenings happily looking through boxes and slowly but surely removing things from the list...

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug