Noseart/Decals

Hi all,

I am looking for a decal sheet with a noseart containing the name 'Sally'. Nearly any aircraft will do, 1/48 Mustangs, Thunderbolts and the like would be ideal. I want to build it for close friend of mine by that name (yes, she is interested in aircraft!) and it would be nice if the model's noseart had some kind of 'personal relation'. you understand. Does anyone know of a corresponding decal sheet (after market or model-contained) TIA Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

Her surname doesn't begin with a B does it. Duxford Museum in the UK has a B-17 - Sally B!

David

Reply to
David Pennington

So it's not Mustang Sally then?

Spence

Reply to
Warty

Not nose art, but you could do a Mitsubishi Ki-21 "Sally". MPM make one in 1:72 and there's a vacuform kit from Sanger in 1:48.

J.

Reply to
James Venables

hmmm,

In the Vietnam war there was a F-105 by the name of Big Sal. (silver lettering on black background, on both wingroot air intakes) For pictures of the plane see:

It is doubtfull however that your girl friend is going to like a name like that ;-)

Cave Putorem Steven

Reply to
ikke

esp if the planes the better looking one of the two ;-)

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Thanks for the input. Big Sal - I remember that one...

But may be not a choice all that wise..right. Although the Sally I am speaking of is a real beauty and esp a Thud is really no match for her. ;-) Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

I thought of that too, but I'd prefer the name on the a/c Thanks anyway

Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

thats nice...I found two sheets containing this P-51B the search engine on hannants.co.uk of course couldn't find this one due to the strange spelling. What reason could there be for writing SALLEE? (I am no native english speaker) but I guess thats the one - short fuse sounds a bit like short-tempered, doesn't it? that would fit too... Tamiya's 'B' in 1/48 and Superscale...great. Thanks, Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

In this case the 'ee' and the 'y' would sound out the same. Once the Normans hit England the rules went out the window.

Hmm, English has been defenestrated...:)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller