Oscar Meyer Weinermobile model?

Has there ever been a scale model of this venerable icon?

Scratch build time?

The reason I ask is it was just in an accident - no injuries/minor damage.

jj

Reply to
jj

I know there was a Hotwheels car of it, my kids had one.

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

I have a vague memory of an article in FineScale Modeler, perhaps 20 years ago, in which someone scratchbuilt one.

Reply to
eyeball

It really gets around. Just a couple of weeks ago I drove down the freeway beside it as I was leaving LAX (Los Angeles Int'l Airport). I couldn't get my camera out in time to shoot it.

Reply to
the Legend of LAX

Aren't there more than one? In June I passed it on the way to the "World War II Weekend" airshow in Reading, PA.

Reply to
eyeball

the Legend of LAX wrote: jj wrote:: : :> Scratch build time? :> : It really gets around. Just a couple of weeks ago I drove down the : freeway beside it as I was leaving LAX (Los Angeles Int'l Airport). I : couldn't get my camera out in time to shoot it. : There are 5 or 6 of these vehicles running around at any given time, if I remember the Food Network "Unwrapped" episode correctly.

They are based on a standard 5 ton chassis, IIRC. So, scratching them should not be too difficult. I doubt too many folks will know the exact radius of the weiner, or how may pleates should be in the end of it. :-)

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Not only are there multiple wienermobiles, there are even different styles of them.

In fact there's a new "mini" mobile evidently:

Wikipedia claims there are seven out there right now:

It's not clear if there's one from each build year, or if there were more than one of a particular vintage, still out there. For instance, seems like there were ten of the 1988 model:

Russ Perry Jr.

I've never seen models but over the years there have been promo toys offered.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D++

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D*//

I guess it's a good idea to have a spare weiner.

Reply to
eyeball

OT, but there was just an accident in the local area with one. The guy was turning around by driving into someone's driveway. Went to stop before putting it into reverse, and hit the accelerator instead of the brake. Wiped out part of the garage! Didn't hurt the wienermobile much, though.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Imagine that poor drivers embarrassment when he goes home. "I had to walk home honey, I wanged my weiner when I forgot to pull out..."

Reply to
eyeball