No TRA Insurance

Just got word we have no TRA insurance for the first couple weeks of

2004. Glad to see they kept us up to speed on this with lots of warning.

Yeah right.

The worst part is going to see Jerry gloating.

Reply to
Nozzlehead

Alex Mericas

Agreed. Regardless of our differences we do need to stick together when things like this happen. I'm sure Jerry will take the high road.

Reply to
Nozzlehead

Latest news is that the insurance has come through and TRA is covered from

1/1/04 to 1/1/05.
Reply to
RayDunakin

TRA has insurance now again. You heard it from me TRA012 not refunded, first. They announced their concern only when both time was near expiration, and when resolution was nearcertain.

My recent email to others on this suhject excerpted:

I received the TRA announcement already BTW.

This is normal. Carriers often try to extort marginal customers into expensive coverages by lapsing them and giving them the "fear of god".

That's why the insurance "pool" uses [another method]

I take no pleasure when launches get threatened with cancellation.

Jerry

Battle Park canceled Do to the lapse in TRA insurance, the Battle Park launch scheduled for Jan 2 - 4 has to be cancelled.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Too late.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
Victor Zepeda

What caused the lapse?

Since insurance is issued semi-annually or annually, why is there a 2 week gap? Was someone asleep at the switch come renewal time or is the insurance company just jerking TRA around?

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Inhindsight,wasthereevenalapse atall?

Wasn't 2003 coverage good till 12-31-03 23.59.59 midnight and 2004 coverage valid from 1-1-04 00.00.01 midnight?

2 week non-renewal NOTICE I believe

I think there is no there there.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The insurance company called at the last minute and tried to change what they had already agreed on. This threw everything up in the air, and the BOD had to let people know that there was a possibility we might be without insurance for a couple weeks. Fortunately they were able to work things out and there will be no lapse in coverage.

Reply to
RayDunakin

No they didn't. They had to report RESULTS as and when KNOWN. They do not like doing that whether in insurance or in motor certifications or in permit requirements.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Although there's been a report of at least one launch canceled because of the uncertainty...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

when was this insurance used last? how many claims have been made?

Reply to
tater schuld

There it is. Jerry bitching again. Yet another thread ruined...

Reply to
Nozzlehead

In this case a launch was cancelled as a direct result of this bad policy. I hope it can be uncancelled so people can enjoy rocketry despite TRA.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I knew you would take the low road. I rest my case.

Reply to
Nozzlehead

How is this the low road?

Was a launch cancelled or not?

Yes.

Was it cancelled based on information prematurely released?

Yes.

How is a factual presentaton the low road?

Please disclose mr master expert of all.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Of course he would. Was there every any doubt? Jerry turns even completely unrelated threads in an excuse to bash TRA.

Reply to
RayDunakin

TRA insurance thread unrelated to a premature and wrong TRA insurance annuncement causing a launch to be cancelled? My god when will the madness ever end on my part!

Jerry

Our enemies are never villains in their own eyes, but that does not make them less dangerous. Appeasement, however, nearly always makes them more so.

- Don Dixon

"In my opinion this is just more confirmation that US Rockets will one day dominate this business. You'll notice they never attack his motors. I say send your dollars to U.S. Rockets and support the Chicken Shit Reduction Act of 97."

- Breck Stapleton

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I agree. These guys must cancel days out for weather.

Reply to
Nozzlehead