Commision of a model destroyer $$

Hi all, I spent 4 years living and working on the USS Callaghan DDG-994, from

1991 to 1995. I am looking to find information about commisioning a scale model of this ship for that time period (post NTU upgrade (grey masts...)) I know nothing about scale models or the creation of them so ample advice about how I should go about this, and how much I can expect to pay will be greatly appreciated. I am not wealthy, I just have fond memories of my time aboard. Also I am not familiar with scale sizes, materials, etc... I just know I would like a model for permanent dispaly in my home. Probably no larger than about ~20" in length. Are there reputable services that perform this type of thing? I have not been able to locate any. It seems that model building is mostly a labor of love. I'm sure there must be many seriously skilled model builders out there that would like to build a model that would be appreciated every day, while getting paid to do it. I am not a regular newgroup reader, so I would appreciate reply via my email for any serious advice.

Thanks Rich

Reply to
ddg-994 sailor