Who Will Stand This Mighty Destroyer of Pretend Engineers?

I'm taking all comers.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Show us some stuff you've designed.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

Bret Cahill

Reply to
BretCahill

Cartoons. How about some hardware?

John

Reply to
John Larkin

You want it delivered?

For what purpose?

Anyway you are already down one straw. You have never generated a single novel idea in your entire life.

Since you have no IP or web page, perhaps you'ld like to try something else?

Maybe you want to impress someone with your proficiency in vector calculus?

Maybe you unnerstand Maxwell's equations.

Show us what you got.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
BretCahill

Yes John has his corporate web page, and it shows some very interesting products he designed,. Just because you are too stupid to find it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
John Fields

I think you've made your point Bret. It should be easy for any of these guys to critique your proposal, particularly John Larkin who is in the coffee processing business. But as usual, I'm the one who has to pick up the burden...

Referring to picture 2:

Before we get into the actual physics of it, where would you apply this? Why are we heating up liquids and then transferring the heat to a gas? Are you talking about something like auto radiators when you say radiator?

-tg

Reply to
tg

Commercially available stacked flat plat heat exchangers are far more efficient.. (no need for a working fluid, greater surface area, higher heat transfer coefficient.) .

Or just google

"stacked flat plate heat exchangers"

Reply to
T. Keating

All ya gotta do is put out the shoe and the idiots step right in to demonstrate it fits:

Is he ashamed of it or what?

This is remins me of the looneytarian posting under the handle "Caliban."

He said he was running for office but he wouldn't post his name.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Which is?

Why aren't they doing it?

Uh, oh, now they are going to start saying,

"Cite?"

"Huge!"

"Show your work."

Then we can forget about him saving any quads, not that their was ever any hope for him.

Because it's easier than trying to transfer directly from a gas to a gas.

Yes. With fluidization all you need is a single pipe.

Only the application is new on that one.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Cite?

Huge!

Show your work.

Reply to
Bret Cahill

At least someone is on topic.

Fins work in fluidization as well

The heat transfer coefficient is an order of magnitude greater with particle bed fluidization.

I thought I made that clear.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

All you've ever made clear is that you don't know what you're talking about.

JF

Reply to
John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

You are a stupid as you buddy. John's website is well known on the electronics newsgroups, but you two can't find it.

Do either of you ever get ANYTHING right? John owns a electronics design & manufacturing business in San Francisco. All you idiots do is spin useless ideas, while John is designing & building things to complex for your small, lying minds. He is right downtown, and has shown pictures of his nw business location and new products on another newsgroup. All you two do is a pathetic troll dance.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I start a thread for braggarts and who appears?

A loser in his own mind.

You cut/snip dodge tech issues like the plague.

On the other hand every time you try to comment on tech issues you look like a complete idiot, denial of the circular furrows, fields take 3 months and $100,000 worth of diesel to plow, etc.

The best you can do is post:

LOL!

Cite?

Huge!

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Well that's one place where I don't agree. It is obviously always more efficient to avoid the intermediate step, unless you are talking about transport, where the liquid covers some distance.

Yeah I think you are wrong on that. Your particles are going to be separated by the moving air, so it isn't clear how you expect to get improved heat transfer. Perhaps one of the mechanical engineers will correct me, but I would visualize it as follows:

Consider a thin section perpendicular to the airflow, such that the liquid 'pipe' is in the center, and welded to the pipe is some perforated metal. Heat flows through the metal around the holes, which means the whole thing will heat up and give up heat to the airflow. But you are suggesting that we have the 'photographic negative' of that, with little discs of metal surrounded by air. This would result in *less* surface area with a high delta-T with respect to the moving air.

-tg

Reply to
tg

No reasoning?

The reason it isn't clear is because you never studied fluidization or, for that matter, anything science or tech related.

You need to get the Pell grant. Write your congressman to expand the program.

Here's an easy experiment to get a "feeling" for a heat transfer coefficient in the same range as condensation.

Cap the bottom of a 4" PVC sewer pipe. Drill a 1/8" hole near the bottom and run a line to shop compressor. Fill the T with ice water including some crushed ice or small ice cubes.

Place you hand into the ice water and crank up the compressed air for

40 seconds.

That will cool a drink faster than liquid N2 or CO2 from a fire extinguisher.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

I start a thread for braggarts and who appears?

A loser in his own mind.

You are always running away from any tech discussion because you know you'll just make a complete fool of yourself.

Face reality: You have no interest in science or technology.

All you can do here is type:

LOL!

Cite?

You have so little direction or purpose you can be classified nonfunctional.

I saw the exact same thing on misc.legal where someone legal beagle claimed it was possible to get arrested for trespassing on a public road.

You cannot _find_ people that dumb in real life.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill