Who Will Stand This Mighty Destroyer of Pretend Engineers?

Says it all, really.

Reply to
Shrikeback

Since you can't figure out how to decode my web site address, here it is:

We do a lot of OEM stuff too, but it's not shown.

Show us some pix of your stuff.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

The only coffee I process is my morning latte.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

Everyone's seen that stuff 8 billion times.

Are you trying to bore everyone to death or what?

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

OK, show us something interesting that you've done.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

I'm constantly posting ideas, especially in the summer.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Ideas are wonderful; the more the better. But they have to be sifted by reality, lest they just be a heap of noise. And occasionally turned into real stuff to add a little feedback to the process.

It's rewarding to have an idea, make it actually work, and sell it to people who appreciate it. Call it insecurity, but seeing the ideas out there working, for serious people, is awfully validating.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

Only the pathetically insecure actually need any 'validating'

Reply to
Rod Speed

Reply to
John Fields

If nobody buys your stuff, that's OK with you?

I love it when Pratt&Whitney or McDonald Douglas or Rolls Royce or the Skunk Works picks my stuff over somebody else's. Is that pathetically insecure?

How do you feel about atheletes who want to win an Olympic Gold, or the Super Bowl? Are they pathetically insecure?

John

Reply to
John Larkin

John Larkin wrote

Yep, if I know that its a good idea. I dont care whether anyone else agrees or not.

Yep, particularly when anyone with a clue realises that corporates can pick things for completely silly bureaucratic reasons.

If you've got a clue, you know if your idea is any good.

You dont need someone to 'validate' that.

I've always believed that all competitive sports were completely stupid.

Those who participate in them in spades.

Yep, in spades.

Reply to
Rod Speed

OK, you need please only yourself. I grew up playing a different game, namely one where the value of a product is how well it works for others. The advantage here is the wonderful variety of problems the customers present, and the baseline of existing designs that beg to be topped.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

John Larkin wrote

I didnt say that either. I JUST said that a particular idea is a worthwhile idea or not regardless of whether anyone chooses to buy a product of yours that involves it.

Different matter entirely to the ideas being discussed.

Different matter entirely to the ideas being discussed.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You have a real knack for the repetition thing. Yes, I know, that's a different matter entirely to the ideas being discussed.

John

Reply to
John Larkin

Reply to
John Fields

John Larkin wrote

Pathetic.

Reply to
Rod Speed

John Fields wrote

Never said anything like that. You dont have to turn the idea into a viable product yourself for it to be a worthwhile idea.

Plenty of ideas are nothing like that.

Have fun thrashing that straw man ?

Not if someone else chooses to use the idea.

Any 2 year old could leave that for dead.

Dont need to have anything like that to see that that particular claim is true.

History is riddled with examples of footshot after footshot after footshot where corporates have been too stupid to know a good idea when they see one and where they ignore a good idea because it would cripple the prospects for their current offers in the market etc.

None of your business.

Yep.

Wrong, as always.

Wrong again. Most obviously when someone else uses a worthwhile idea.

Only for narrow focused fools that are pathetically insecure.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys/pathetic excuse for a troll.

Thats the only thing you did manage to get right. Nothing to 'think' with.

Or are drugged to the gills to try to cheat the system.

I piss on clowns like you from a great height.

You get to like that or lump it, child.

Reply to
Rod Speed

You call that 'a design' ???