Tired of this line of work

Rant On.

I don't know about anyone else, lately I no longer have any passion for machining and manufacturing. Most of this is due to the complete and utter morons in management. It doesn't matter where you are, the idiots rise to the top and are always put in charge.

After 30+ years in this business, I've had enough.

There used to be a time when people with machining skills were well treated and respected employees. Now we hear buzz words about being part of a team but our 'leaders' are anything but. Machinists and Toolmakers are treated as if we are on a par with janitors.

I've had enough of being nothing more than a step and fetch monkey for someone else who makes bad decisions and makes the job harder. I've had enough of never actually trying to plan anything out. I've had enough of rushing like a madman to do something completely useless. I've had enough of bailing out management while they reap rewards and bonuses for being stupid and actually hurting the cause. I'm just tired and no longer have the stomach for putting up with this nonsense.

I used to love the machining trade. I love hard, challenging work but I absolutely detest being forced to work stupid. I can't stand going in to work any longer.

I'm ready to start mowing lawns and change my last name to Rodriguez. Rant Off.

Hasta La Vista

Reply to
Borked Pseudo Mailed

machining and manufacturing.

in charge.

and respected employees.

else who makes bad decisions and makes the job harder.

for being stupid and actually hurting the cause.

Posting through a anonymous remailer now are you vinny?

Nice troll.

Reply to
Black Dragon

BD:

I would tend to doubt that, Vinny doesn't care about spelling & grammar. I'd be interested in who it was though, especially if it was a long-time "regular".

So "Borked Pseudo", why don't you E-mail me.

Reply to
BottleBob

vinny also doesn't care about line wrapping and the formatting of paragraphs.

And I know he's familiar with the use of remailers. The same can't be said for most of the regulars here.

I am too, but I can assure you it wasn't me. :)

Reply to
Black Dragon

daughter.

No, she is Jayne Mansfield's daughter.

Reply to
Alphonso

Oh yeah, I see that.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

No biggie, you were essentially correck...... you seen one hollywood brat, you seen'em all.....

She seems to be aging a little poorly, tho. Which is moot, given all the Follywood plastic surgeons on retainer.

I'm considering some collagen, for fuller lips..... I'm wondering if I can do this myself....

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Well, Iv'e been working for a lawn service since 8am, in the rain "with lightning"...And I suggest anyone burned out do it for a week or two. If you survive, you will feel alive again. I sure do. I AM ALIVE!!! I know because I'm suburned. lol

But the reality of it is your prolly not sick of precision machining, your prolly sick of the situation lame ass know nothing suckass bosses have created. We all are. And if any of you lame ass know nothing suckdick bosses are reading this...kill yourself, do us all a favor.

As far as people saying this is me, when I bitch I use my own name. Prolly why I'm unemployed lol

I interviewed for 2 kickass jobs yesterday, first interviews since I was axed. They treated me like I had something honorable to offer. Then both went into a bit of trying to sell me on the benefits. One thing is different than the last time I was interviewed a decade ago, this time they had tons to offer! Not just a damn job. I'm talking insurance

100% covered full family, any doc or hospital, no co pays, total script coverage, life insurance, etc... 65 bucks a week!

Long story short....move on if your pissed, the trade is still the best job there is out there, if you consider the pay is above average, the overtime is above average, and the amount of places to work is above average, not to mention more than not it's interesting as hell. No other trade can offer all those, they might offer one or two, but not all 4.

And the cracks about my grammer or spelling....baaaa! I surf usenet for the content. Truth is im in the dark most of the time and typing super fast. I usually see about half my mistakes when I reread it, but I'm only checking for content. I just don't care about the details of grammer or spelling. I guess if I was trying to impress ya'll I'd hit the spellcheck button at the top...but I'm not. Lots of smart people in here, lots of smart posts, and a few english teachers I guess. Accuracy is for machining, not posting to usenet at 1am, half drunk on beer.

So all I can say is "spell check this". (insert your own mental pic here...)

Reply to
vinny

It wasn't me. But I do run a remailer interface. Feel free to use it, send me a line if anybody wants a group added. I have to control what groups can be posted to or the abuse will be out of control. The interface is not fancy, but I made it for my buddys web site to his specs.

vinny

PV:

You don't want to do things half-way, do you? Maybe you could machine up some lip "enhancers" like these:

BottleBob

LOL It'll be something if PV ends up looking like Lisa Rinna.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

You mean, like

?

Sheeit, I could deal with that!

Actually, I'm thinking more along the lines of my heroes, the physicists Bogdanov, who have muddied up theoretical physics to the point where even legitimate physicists can't tell whazzup:

Funny thing is, they were moderately goodlooking before all this silliness. Bullshit physics musta taken its toll:
Bottle, I think, is lost in some other dimension somewhere. :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

else who makes bad decisions and makes the job harder.

for being stupid and actually hurting the cause.

Well it sounds like you are either stupid and can't present a decent argument or have a lousy manager. My bets are on the former rather than the latter.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Maybe he's just frustraited with dumbass self-protecting management? It's rampant in this country.

Reply to
vinny

Vinny:

Sorry, it wasn't meant as a criticism, but only an observation for the purpose of eliminating you as a "suspect".

-- BottleBob

bottlbob

Looks like their chins got little close to a singularity. That must be what a borderline event horizon incursion looks like after the fact.

LOL Maybe, but his link won't connect to anything here.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I guess I am too. I haven't logged in over at PM for a while but I didn't think it had been THAT long.

Welcome, JCarroll. You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Vinny:

Sorry, it wasn't meant as a criticism, but only an observation for the purpose of eliminating you as a "suspect".

-- BottleBob

actually, it's become kind of a trademark. I'm not bothered...just bored mostly.

Reply to
vinny

Well, it could be, I've worked for dumbass management before. I've worked for self serving management before, (currently exiled to China), and now I think I work for a couple guys that I think have it going on. IOW, not slash and burners but make things more efficient in real terms. Attention to the right details.

I currently respect my boss and his boss. So damn refreshing.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Good for you, cling to that and fertilize it.

Reply to
Scott