1/144 Fletcher Class Destroyer ?

never heard of this kit before - and dang I just bought the dinky Tamiya kit.

It's not the old Blue Devil kit renamed, is it?

Craig

Musicman59

it's fun too.

Reply to
someone

fore - and dang I just bought the dinky

yeah, the site is fun. what an amazing range of aircraft, some really off the wall subjects, and glaring omissions of certain aircraft. and no matter how you photograph them, they look like toys.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

Lindberg's Blue Devil is over 40 years old (!) and was in 1/125 scale (I think). Bore only passing resemblance to a Fletcher class but was fun with all the moving bits.

Tamiya did a 1/350 scale one and the new one (1/144 scale) is from Trumpeter, I think. Pre-release test shots for that one look good!

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: : : Tamiya did a 1/350 scale one and the new one (1/144 scale) is from : Trumpeter, I think. Pre-release test shots for that one look good! : Revell Germany.

I had the check the box twice, after seeing that the railing wasn't beat to shit.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

it depends on the builder. you saw my gladiator, dint you? their builder is not a painter. i mentioned that to ernie and he says anyone can play. just send them pics...

Reply to
someone

Anyone know what the price on that new Revell(G) kit is?

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

$100 at Sprue Brothers.

Reply to
Dave Williams

it is out of stock there now - will probably have a $12.00 shipping cost. you can preorder thru TowerHobbies.com and get $10.00 shipping so it will only cost around $103.00 I can dig up the discount code if anyone is interested. Only place I buy the big stuff from - they keep sending me these $10 off codes.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

For what its worth, the USS Chevalier ( a version offered with this kit) and her crew saved my grandfather when his Fletcher class destroyer, the USS Strong, was sunk in the Kula Gulf.

Looks like building this kit is a no brainer, family heritage kit for me. Hope I can deal with 500 pieces.

Read on if interested.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59