master keying set for American locks needed

I'm looking to set up a master key system for a bunch (~25) of American pad locks. But all my searches for a master keying pin kit came up fruitless, although I did find bottom pin kits. If anyone has any for sale or knows where i can get either a master pin kit or preferablely a master pin / bottom pin combo kit please respond here or to foreverx88(at)yahoo(point)com.

Thanks for your help

Jesse

Reply to
ragtag99

whats the key blank?

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

I didnt think it would have any bearing, but ILCO A1045, STAR 6AM1 or JET AM7 (the kind i'll be using).

I found this,

hoping that this is the correct kit beings ill be spending around 60 dollars on it. Anyone have any advice? With ~30 pins of each about how many locks (estimated, im aware of the number of variables) would i be able to master key while keeping the original change key?

Reply to
ragtag99

some American locks you can stick a different cylinder in.. so you got an "American Lock' but a Schlage keyway.. for example.. your cylinders removable?

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Did you look on the American Lock Website ???

A brief check there indicated that such a kit exists for the "Re-keyable" Pin Tumbler padlocks...

Part Number: "ASK8" retails for $103 and includes:

100 ea. Bottom Pins #1 through #8 100 ea. Master Pins #2 through #7 100 ea. Top Pins 100 ea. Driver Springs 12 ea. (Small) A5000 series ball bearings 12 ea. (Large) A700 series ball bearings 25 ea. Security Screws 25 ea. Security Nuts 2 ea. trap doors for A700 series locks 4 ea. trap doors for A5000 series locks 1 ea. American Lock Co. 6 pin cylinder 2 ea. actuators for A700 series locks 4 ea. actuators for A5000 series locks 1 ea. American Lock Co. 5 pin cylinder 10 ea. snap rings 1 ea. follower tool

*****

In addition to supplying you with a greater supply of pins than the kit you found elsewhere this service kit also provides you with spare parts for the locks...

Check the American Padlock Website and see if that kit will suit your needs and then contact your supply house to order one...

Evan, ~~ formerly a maintenance man, now a college student...

Reply to
Evan

American locks have their own keyways but can be ordered in others, e.g. Schlage and Kwikset.

The pins for American keyways have smaller diameter than most of the other keyways that use universal pins, such as Schlage and Kwikset. American and Master Lock pins have the same diameter although their depth numbers are different.

I got an American/Master Lock pinning kit, with master pins, from eBay a couple of years ago for $25. I just looked and there are several for sale (not an endorsement).

30 driver pins and 30 bottom pins are enough for 6 locks, assuming each cylinder has 5 chambers. How many you can master with 30 master pins depends on how many master pins you use per cylinder.

Skip

Reply to
Skip

these are definitely american cylinders, bought straight from the source and never been touched internally

yes, with the easy to change pin window (not up on the jargon...)

The minimum order was $125 from website with service charge if less. This is more of a 'favor' side-project and i was trying not to spend more than 60 dollars. All the other parts would be good to have but probobly not immediately useful and thus if i could find a kit with the bottom and master pins alone that would be ideal.

was the kit at

good for my immediate needs or should i keep looking? And again if anyone on this site has what im looking for i'd be happy to give my business to them.

Reply to
ragtag99