Cracking those pesky master combo locks.

All of the last flames if they could be called that were too pathetic to even bother with responding to. The only one I did respond to seemed to take technical issue with my post which of course was unspecific since everything in my post was factually dead on and correct for the application in question. Judging from the other stuff I have seen this guy post he has trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time and I doubt anybody is gonna disagree, if they do I hope he starts rambling about master and IC keying again, it serves you right. He has likely never even seen the inside of a meter enclosure and if he's a maintenance man I pray to god I never work in the building he maintains. Nuff said on him. That said flame if you feel the need. I don't care and will be simply ignoring 95% of you. You have been forwarned so you know I'm not just being rude. If you see a technical error that I will respond to, but you are unlikely to because unlike 99% of the people that post there BS defeats and exploits I know what Im talking about. One last thing I dont spell check because I plain and simple dont care. If you notice a spelling error feel free to point it out but I will of course be ignoring you.

New standard disclaimer:This information is posted for informational purposes only. Most of the stuff I post can easily be used for criminal puposes. That said if you choose to do so that is YOUR decision. If you are busted it is YOUR problem. I don't care and there is nothing to be done about it with regard to me anyway.

Rule of thumb:

Max possible jail sentence * what you figure your time is worth <= reward from successful crime.

If it's not forget it.

Dont do the crime if you can't do the time. Blake should have taken this shit to heart he said it so damn much. Probably not fair since he hasnt been convicted yet but I think he wacked her. Either way he damn well should have come up with a better story.

OK Ive read back a bit on here and it seems people are always asking for codes to be looked up on master combo locks. You don't need the combo to open these. If you want it I will give it to you. Figure $20 for my time to look it up. Thats better than most of the secret squirrels here will give you. In the short time Ive lurked Ive come to the conclusion they wont tell you a damn thing unless you know the secret squirrel handshake and are willing to run around the wheel with them for a little bit. Which is their perogative idiotic though I think it is. You don't need the damn combo anyway.

Method 1:

Search the net or ebay for padlock shims. Buy a set. Follow the directions included with them. Ironicaly these things dont work on most of the locks they say they do but they pop master combos as well as many similar ones wonderfully. The reason they do this is because Master is happy to produce a POS lock with a spring loaded as opposed to a dead locking latch which might cost a couple bucks more. They also are content with a shackle to case fit sloppy enough to shove a dead cat through. You can open them quicker by shim than with a combo. Yes I have tried them. Yes they do work. If they didn't I wouldn't tell you they do. If you are trying one and it isn't working then either the lock is not shimable due to deadlocking mechanism or inadequate clearance or both in which case it isn't the type of lock Im advocating use on anyway or you didn't read the damn directions and are doing it wrong, pick that piece of paper you threw in the trash w/o even looking at it out and read it.

Method 2:

You are a cheap SOB and wont buy the shims. I will help you anyway, although I shouldn't. You are probably the same cheap bastard who just got his power back on thanks to me and the computers at the library or whereever the hell you read my other article. OK Here's what you do. First say thank you, OK Youre welcome. Now rap the lock open. Use a soft hammer or other object, a shoe or boot heel comes in handy especially when you forget your gym lock combo. If you don't care about damaging the $2 piece of crap then use a steel hammer or brick what do I care. Idealy the blows should be directed perpendicular to the shackle to force the latch back via inertia, however blows directed downward inline with the shackle will in practice pop the damn thing open too. If it takes more than 2 or 3 good whacks you are doing it wrong. If you use the soft object the lock will be undamaged.

Both these methods work on most of the institutional type locks with the keyhole on the back as well. These are commonly used in schools in Cali and here in WV. I don't know about the rest of the country so don't ask me. Neither method will work on a good or even decent quality padlock with a deadlocking mechanism unless the force of the blow is sufficent to break something. So if you test this on your lock and it pops open get rid of that piece of crap, spend a couple more bucks and get a decent lock.

Reply to
somesmartass

"somesmartass" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com trolled in message

---snip the troll---

you must be kin to ray or freddy. your head is just about the same size :-) also, if you insist on trolling this group ? please at least watch your language. there are women that frequent this group that shouldn't have to read such gargage.

my2

Reply to
Key

Somesmartass:

Why on earth would someone want to go through all of that crap to open a Master combo lock...

Rapping or hitting it with something makes an awful lot of noise...

Anyone who knows about padlocks and has an IQ greater than his shoe size would obtain a pair of bolt cutters and quietly open the lock (not silently, but much less noise than your 'hit it until it opens method'...

Now like 'Key, I am going to ask you to find something more interesting to post about if you stick around here...

So know it is quite evident that you like to troll around and repost things you read elsewhere... You read too many 'spy type' websites...

To address the point in your post about what I have previously posted and debated about on this newsgroup, what have you posted about here that isn't garbage ??? I have a greater technical knowledge in this area than you ever will...

Troll, Troll, Go away and never come back another day... Troll, Troll, Go away and never come back another day... Troll, Troll, Go away and never come back another day...

THANK-YOU HAVE A NICE DAY...

Evan the Maintenance Man

Reply to
Evan

Key, You are a pathetic little twerp, and a coward to boot. I have asked you before to identify yourself yet you continue to hide behind an anonymous mask.

I am asking you to stop slandering me and my company and to leave my name out of your future posts. Either that or be a man and identify yourself to me, and to this newsgroup.

As a footnote, I take great pleasure in knowing that people like Somesmartass annoy the hell out of you. You are a controlling little freak, Mr. Key, with a following of another half-dozen twerps on this newsgroup who empower you. Together you and your little clique make locksmiths look like jerks to the general public.

Get a life.

Ray Nazzaro, Pres. Treskat USA Corp.

Treskat USA
<snip>

These are commonly used in schools in

Ah, that explains the spelling...

Reply to
C B George

gee ray, should I describe the time I called and asked for the DEMO of your program????

what I GOT CALLED???? for the FREAKIN DEMO???

gee ray, GO AWAY..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Apologizing for the last post, made while a West Virginian acquaintance was looking on.

Reply to
C B George

You know, considering that you are a businessman with a product to sell, how do you think the locksmithing community perceives you being engaged in a pi**ing match in a newsgroup, regardless of any other preconceived notions obtained from this group or any posters within it?

Reply to
C B George

Shiva, I don't know why your call for a demo resulted in frustration, but I can show you how that can happen. Sometimes, when we used to take phone calls, we don't anymore, a user might give an address starting with a certain zip code and then change it halfway through to a completely different address. When they're finally done with that perhaps they'll say something like, "You know, I think I'd rather have it sent to my home...." and then start all over again.

These type of callers frequently appear to be so disorganized they are often more trouble than they are worth. If I was not warm and fuzzy to you on the phone then it was clearly my way of suggesting that you take your business elsewhere. I apologize for that, it was wrong.

Shiva, I've been selling software to locksmiths since 1982, that's 22 years. Most of our clients are intelligent people who are capable of giving an address accurately, or of following install instructions. Yet from time to time, in the PAST, we have been flooded by calls from new computer users who expecetd us to help them with whatever computer related problem they might have. Key was one of those and in fact he admitted it himself in a recent post that he didn't know much about computers at the time we had our falling out.

Key, whoever he is, is typical of those who called too frequently starting in the mid-nineties when computers started taking off. Calls that asked questions that had nothing to do with our produts but rather general computer questions about Windows, or printers, or whatever. Calls to our

800 number that threatened all sorts of malice if we didn't take the extra time to kowtow to the needs of these new computer users.

We had to let some of these users go. Key was one of them.

So there you have it, Shiva. I admit that I am not well liked by a certain percentage of the locksmithing community but that's just the way it is. I have tousands more who do like our products and use them everyday.

Unfortunately most of our bad press is because of copy-protection which we were forced to add to our products in 1993. The reason we did that was because a very well known supplier in the Pacific Northwest was giving away pirated copies of our CodeMaster software with each new customer they signed up. Back then we were flooded with calls from users asking to get updates for software they never purchased, and who readily told us where they got the pirated copies. At any rate, copy protection had to be done if we were to stay in business.

Our software is copy protected because this is a small market and it would be foolish not to protect it. The up-side is that we sell our products for less than half the price of our competitor's products. We are also able to post updates on the internet, free to all licensed users. And because we have a very large following of satisfied clients we are able to offer free program updates for all of our software including the new PocketPC version of CodeMaster which is free to all CodeMaster subscribers.

Let me guess. You started with one zip code and address and then changed it halfway through to a completely different address. When you finally finished that one you changed it yet a third time. Or something like that.

At any rate, your call was probably one that identified you as a potential knucklehead. One of those customers who looks to be more trouble than they are worth. It was our way of suggesting that you take your business elsewhere, and I'm glad that you did.

I've been selling software to locksmiths for 22 years. Most of my clients are intelligent people who are capable of giving an address accurately, or of following instructions. Yet from time to time, in the past, we have been flooded by calls from new computer users who expecetd us to help them with whatever computer related problem they might have. Key was one of those and in fact he admitted it himself in a recent post that he didn't know much about computers at the time when we had our falling out.

Key, whoever he is, is typical of those who called too frequently. Calls that asked questions that had nothing to do with our produts but rather general computer questions about Windows, or printers, or whatever. Calls to our 800 number that threatened all sorts of malice if we didn't kowtow to the needs of these new computer users.

We had to let some of them go. Key was one of those. What's more, any intelligent person who reads the majority of Key's posts can see that he indeed can be the proverbial "customer from hell."

So there you have it, Shiva. I admit that I am not well liked by a certain percentage of the locksmithing community but that's just the way it is. Our software is copy protected because this is a small market and we full it is foolish not to protect it. The up-side to that is that we sell it for less than half the cost of our competitors products. We are also able to post updates on the internet. And because we have a very large following of satisfied clients we are able to offer free program updates for all of our software including the new PocketPC version of CodeMaster which is free to all CodeMaster subscribers.

Luckily, computers are now easier to use then they when Key started with them probably 10-15 years ago. We also no longer do business by telephone so tech support and customer service is a simple and patient email that can be followed step by step by the client. To those who I have offended in the past, including Key, I ask your forgiveness. Things are no longer that way.

I ask all locksmiths to please drop by our internet site,

and have a look at our current product line and maybe even download a demo. You, too, Key. My apology is especially directed to you.

Ray Nazzaro, Pres. Treskat USA Corp.

Reply to
Treskat USA

ignoring the copy protection scheme,,, thats something I can live with.,...

to be CUSSED AT, while asking about the demo?

it SEEMS TO BE, a REALLY great program... however, that is not what 'turned me off'

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Can't get much quieter than the the shims he stressed using...

More like H/P/V/A/C sites... That's where I got my interest in this industry...

I like him... I find him entertaining.

Reply to
Aegis

Kill Jews?

Reply to
Aegis

"Kay, you ignorant lying, two faced, bastard POS! You got some balls trying to dictate to ANYONE sociably acceptable Usenet behavior. You have zero examples to stand on. You are NOT the squeaky clean image you wish to portray. Not even forking close. I know what you are and who you are. I would NEVER do business with the likes of you. I could not imaging entrusting the security of anything I own with any service you could claim to provide. But what could I know, I'm just a consumer.

Why? Because to me, you are nothing but a two faced little shit stain that wants to arm chair world morality all the while hiding the fact that YOU YOURSELF are EXACTLY what you complain about.

That being said you can now take you trolling, two faced, crap and place it firmly where the sun don't shine. If you don't get my meaning or you need it spelled out any clearer please please don't hesitate to ask me and I will do my best to explain it to you in simpler terms.

Go ahead and correct this spelling you asshole. Go flatter yourself.

always my2 when it comes to a jerk like you "Kay

Reply to
SomeGuy

When in the presence of Romans.....

Reply to
SomeGuy

acquaintance

I killed a whole box of Jew-Jew beans at a movie house once....

Reply to
SomeGuy

Hmmm, almost sounds like the makings of a bad Monty Python script...

<snip>
Reply to
Absinthe

Is it just me or do ya'll really not like this Ray Nazzaro fellow?

Reply to
dfergus4

yeah, Shiva...... sometimes the truth hurts.....

Ray can't stand heat, from what I read on google......

Reply to
Mark Hoffman

I have asked you

behind an anonymous

and to leave my name

identify yourself

for the

frustration, but I

to take phone

starting with a

completely

perhaps they'll say

to my home...."

as is their right !

disorganized they are often

take your business

how is a customer "more trouble than they are worth" ? I can see how you could think that about a few because this world is full of all kinds. but, why have you deminstrated that thought to hundreds ray.

it sure was !!!

1982, that's 22 years.

of giving an

Yet from time to

computer users who

problem they might

himself in a recent

we had our falling

I also tried to tell you that at the time. you told me to go find someone that knows computers better and stop wasting your time. also, if I called back ? you were going to bill me for wasting your time. this was all told to me the FIRST time I even talked with you.

frequently starting

Calls that asked

rather general

whatever. Calls to our

didn't take the extra

WRONG !! I called you a total of three times. only because you hung up twice. it was after the third call when I desided to burn your programs and not deal, with what I thought at the time, was the rudest jerk that I have ever had the misfortune to conduct business with.

them.

WRONG again ray. you did NOT let me go. I left because of your attitude. thought I was never going to stop getting those little cards that you send out so frequently.

liked by a certain

the way it is.

more like a 'large" percentage of the locksmithing community !

everyday.

thats probably contributed to you not answering the phone anymoe.

copy-protection which we

don't forget your attitude. that also contributes to the bad.

you as a potential

trouble than they

your business

there ya go again with your same piss-poor attitude. its obvious that nothing has changed ray.

Reply to
Key