Change Keying

How do I go about changing keying of my deadbolts(Quickset) to that of the lockset which I had to replace because it broke? Where do I buy the pins that I may need to do this?
Thanks for your help.
Gerald.
Reply to
Gerald Hayman
How do I go about changing keying of my deadbolts(Quickset) to that of the lockset which I had to replace because it broke? Where do I buy the pins that I may need to do this? Thanks for your help. Gerald
If the other lock was a kwikset then the pins can be bought at Lowes or Home Depot with all the stuff you need. If it is just one or two locks then it would be cheaper to take them to a locksmith shop because the kit at the store cost about 10 bucks US or so and a locksmith shop could do it quicker, about 5 minutes if they're not to busy for about the same price plus they will also check the springs and top pins. I have seen new Kwiksets with bad springs from the factory. They're a cheap lock, even the Titans.
You would need a standard plug follower or a follower for master pins if it is masterkeyed and the following bottom pins for a basic rekey which are in the kit:
1 - .171" 2 - .195" 3 - .219" 4 - .240" 5 - .264" 6 - .288"
Reply to
Glen Cooper
If you want it done right, either take the locks to a local locksmith or call a locksmith to come to your residence. Without proper knowledge, it is easy for parts to go flying all over the place; then it costs you even more!
Harvey
Reply to
Harvey Arkawy

Site Timeline