Re: Ultumate WWII Destroyer

Andre> RENABORNEY ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) writes: >>>> Agree about the Hunts in terms of design, but they were used >>>> as Fleet DD's in the Med. >>> Well, in concert with 24 knot BBs, and 16 knot Malta convoys. >>> >> SNIP >> >> Have to admit that the RN did a really good job on the V/W and >> C class cruiser conversions to AA vessels (I think some of the >> later ships were very good looking). Sort of a late 1930's FRAM >> to convert obsolete tonnage to useful ships.

Andre> Agreed. The ships after Coventry and Curlew were quite Andre> pleasing to the eye, with twin mounts, rather than assorted Andre> singles.

Does anyone know what C-class ships, if any, have been produced as kits in any scale? >> Inspired, perhaps, by the British, it was proposed to convert >> the Omaha class CL's into AA vesels with 2X2 6-inch and 6 or >> 7X1 5-inch/25's, but was not attempted.

Andre> Given Freidman's descriptions of what was to have been with Andre> them, its wise that they didn't go there.

Hmm, not sure I understand your sentence. Do you mean Friedman tells us what they were like to be in?

Regards, Gernot

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug