OT: Battle for Los Angeles movie

Rob Gronovius wrote the following:

I didn't see the movie, but maybe the Sgt got busted once or twice?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Marine Corps 1966-1968 (voluntary draft) so my frame of reference might be a tad out of date. That being said, some duty stations are worse than others for promotion and some career officers hold out promotion as an inducement to reenlistment. Could be he got stuck in a crummy situation.

Moving UP the chain of command. I had to do the same thing when my enlistment ran out; I had to get signatures from what seemed like several dozen people, some of whom I never talked to before in my life.
On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:37:32 -0700 (PDT), The Old Man

It must be the same the world over, here in OZ when you post out of a base you have to get signatures from places you don't even knew existed. Such fun spending hours wandering around finding small out of the way sections that you've never heard of...