OT, maybe.

Injection Relieves Arthritis Pain. It has something to do with modeling for some of us old fogies.

willshak

Indeed. I find I can keep adding refraction as my eyes get worse. I just bought a new pair of bench glasses- cheap reading glasses from a dollar store (they were actually two dollars). These are +3 diopters! I find they work fine, after noticing a bit of dizziness for the first few minutes- the back edge of the workbench seems to slope downhill!

I find that the manual dexterity problem is much harder to fix. I recommend using better grades of tweezers, not the cheapest ones. I use those little bench vises a lot more now, since holding onto things (the model, a part or a subassembly) while I work on it is one of the worst things on the fingers. I find I am using my Dremel a lot more now, since I do not need to grip it as hard as a knife or file.

I have NOT solved the solution to the dry winter thumbtips and fingertips, however. They split a lot and are painful, much more so than the arthritic joints. I have tried vasoline and all sorts of lotions. Thank goodness spring finally seems to be arriving here in Minnesota- hopefully not much more zero weather this season.

Reply to
Don Stauffer