(OT) Movie w/William Holden as test pilot

I know someone will have the name of this movie. William Holden starred in a
late 50's movie as a test pilot, at Edwards Airforce base, who was busy
battling his personal demons while flying high speed jets.
What's the title of this movie? Is it available on DVD?
Thanks,
Jeff
The eagle has landed
Reply to
MAYSUN5961
"Toward the Unknown"? William Holden, Lloyd Nolan
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
Bill wrote as his reply:
Bill, You didn't name the real "Star" of the flick...The Martin XB-51, playing the role of the aeroplane!
Rick
Reply to
OXMORON1
For some weird reason, this isn't available on either DVD or VHS. BUMMER!! (Almost as bad as not being able to get The High and the Mighty with the Duke!!!!!)
Reply to
Jim Atkins
Or "The Hunters" with Robert Mitchum and Robert Wagner.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
Toward the Unknown (UK "Brink of Hell") 1956 USAF- William Holden (ex USAAF); redeems himself as Test pilot. Shot at Edwards AFB with Bell X-2, Douglas X-3 Stileto, Martin XB-51 (as "XF120", this had a fatal crash during a filming ferry flight).
Lockheed XF-92 Starfire (as "XF-102") burned up forthe crash scene!, 2 Lockheed F-94C Starfires (one was flown by Pete Everest), F-101 Voodoo N.A. F-100 Super Sabre, Convair F-102 Delta Dagger, Douglas B-66, Convair B-36, Douglas D-558 II, Boeing B-47's, B-25 Mitchell, C-47, T-33, F-84E/G/F Thunderjets, Sikorsky H-19.
Written by ex-B-24 Group Cdr. Beirne Lay.
Regards
Pat Macguire
Reply to
P and H Macguire
you can get copys on VHS off of e-Bay,ive got the X-2 story,and the hunters w/ not too bad of a picture quality issue
Reply to
RLGIRSCH
Sounds like my model collection when I was growing up in the '50's!
Tom Dougherty ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)
Reply to
Ives100
The only XF-92 I know of was the Convair delta. Was that a typo?
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak