(OT) Movie w/William Holden as test pilot

I know someone will have the name of this movie. William Holden starred in a late 50's movie as a test pilot, at Edwards Airforce base, who was busy battling his personal demons while flying high speed jets.

What's the title of this movie? Is it available on DVD?

Thanks, Jeff The eagle has landed

Reply to
MAYSUN5961

"Toward the Unknown"? William Holden, Lloyd Nolan

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Bill wrote as his reply:

Bill, You didn't name the real "Star" of the flick...The Martin XB-51, playing the role of the aeroplane!

Rick

Reply to
OXMORON1

For some weird reason, this isn't available on either DVD or VHS. BUMMER!! (Almost as bad as not being able to get The High and the Mighty with the Duke!!!!!)

Reply to
Jim Atkins

Or "The Hunters" with Robert Mitchum and Robert Wagner.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Toward the Unknown (UK "Brink of Hell")

1956 USAF- William Holden (ex USAAF); redeems himself as Test pilot. Shot at Edwards AFB with Bell X-2, Douglas X-3 Stileto, Martin XB-51 (as "XF120", this had a fatal crash during a filming ferry flight).

Lockheed XF-92 Starfire (as "XF-102") burned up forthe crash scene!, 2 Lockheed F-94C Starfires (one was flown by Pete Everest), F-101 Voodoo N.A. F-100 Super Sabre, Convair F-102 Delta Dagger, Douglas B-66, Convair B-36, Douglas D-558 II, Boeing B-47's, B-25 Mitchell, C-47, T-33, F-84E/G/F Thunderjets, Sikorsky H-19.

Written by ex-B-24 Group Cdr. Beirne Lay.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
P and H Macguire

you can get copys on VHS off of e-Bay,ive got the X-2 story,and the hunters w/ not too bad of a picture quality issue

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

Sounds like my model collection when I was growing up in the '50's!

Tom Dougherty ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)

Reply to
Ives100

The only XF-92 I know of was the Convair delta. Was that a typo?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak