Models with Scuba Gear?

Did any car, pick up, van, etc kits come with SCUBA gear? I don't remember any, but they would make a good addition to a couple of models that I am planning to build.

Thanks

Reply to
Ted

yes, some jap toyota or nissan mini van in 24 or 25th scale, cant say how acc it is as i dont scuba but i have it. Aoishima or something like that.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I don't remember which AMT/MPC kit had them but in the 60s there was a set of scuba gear; tanks, weight belt , mask and fins included. I still have them buried with all the other extras from way back when. I think one of my sons got hold of all the 'trophy' cars, though.

Art should know this one ;-)

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Charles Ryan

whats a trophy car?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I don't know the answer to your question but I just went out into the garage and looked at some of my old SCUBA gear (dated to the 60s) and determined it shouldn't be all that hard to scratch build tanks, regularor, hoses, weight belt, etc. "The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

The old Monogram Blue Beetle '29 Ford pickup has scuba gear (tanks, regulator/hoses, fins, spear gun, carry bag) included. The Monogram Garbage Truck show rod has some scuba tanks included (no hoses or regulator) and some fins molded into the body sides (easy to cut free).

Steve H

Ted wrote:

Reply to
snh9728

Did the garbage truck with surfboards kit have them?

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

I expect it refers to AMT's "Trophy Series" kits which tended to be a little nicer, have a few more building options, and better details than the annual issue cars. The earlier ones also had a little chrome *trophy* to display.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; built that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Little chrome cars that you could put on top of the trophy that came with old AMTs

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Charles Ryan

Yes AMT did produce a kit with Scuba gear(1960's) you can get a resin copy of it from Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland, the set has the tanks, hoses, fins, harpoon, weight belt, etc. They do not have a web site but they are in the Marketpalce section of Scale Auto Enthusiast magazine, the catalog is $4.00.

Reply to
Jerry Ragusa

Damn! You are asking ME to search through a whole spare room packed to the gills with model kits to find this stuff? I know I've seen SCUBA gear on some old kit, but danged if I can remember what one(s)! Sadly, I suppose, I seldom, if ever paid (still a truism) any attention to that sort of accessories.

Kinda like my late father's approach to his rose bushes: He was more into the flower than the flower bed, when it came to an overall view.

Art Anderson

Reply to
EmilA1944