OT: What's the biggest hobby item you can't find in your house anymore?

I've been on vacation for a bit and thought it would be fun to set up the slotcars for the kids during school break. Well 2 weeks later I all I have found are the cars, controllers and about 10 feet of track.

Somewhere in the house about 60 feet of track is hiding.

I did however, find lots of barely started kits strewn around the garage. That was a bit disconcerting, knowing that many parts are probably gone with the wind.

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

This Fall I decided to neatly reorganize the basement. Most of my stash is in large plastic storage boxes to protect them from the cats. (That's a whole other story) So I built up a new set of storage racks that hold these cases with no wasted space.

As a organized the containers some real revelations. Gee I got that far with the 1/350 Houston and Gambier Bay! And with others - Wow I almost bought that kit again!

My hobbies kept getting interupted by maximum efforts at work - like large proposals or a new program test series - not to mention travel. You go back to something you started six months ago and try to remember which paint you were using - and then even of you do the color/brand may be discontinued. So then I started keeping Laboratory Notebooks - as I restart old projects I can now go back through the books and in most cases continue where I left off.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

...a recently finished model.

Reply to
Rufus

The items that have been keeping me away from the modeling room: a '91 Mustang that's seen better days, and an '89 Corvette. Maybe on a shelf in my bedroom? Otherwise, an Me323 Gigant I built in the late 80s that's in (large) pieces.

Reply to
eyeball

On 1/2/2011 2:27 PM, Musicman59 wrote:>

That's got to be one big house you ramble around in.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

That would be my modelling bench - in the 3 years since I used it last, it's become a storage area for everything without an otherwise dedicated home.

I'm still buying kits though... (dammit)

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

"Musicman59" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@d1g2000pra.googlegroups.com...

House? What house? Where did I misplace it?

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

it would be fun to set up

since I used it last,

Obviously still keeping your feet dry too. Or am I wrong and you don't live in Queensland?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

No, you're not wrong. I'm a long way north of where we've had the floods though. Luckily, we missed out this time.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Glad you're alright. I was thinking of you when I heard which state that was happening in.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Thanks Bill, I appreciate that. Floods have gone, but now we've got a cyclone about to make landfall (thankfully, about 350km north of here) and another out by Fiji, will will probably head this way in a few days. Meh, it's only a Category 2, so just a baby.

I'd still rather live here over anywhere else though.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG