Panda 1/350 Intrepid - Museum Version????

Its listed as a sea/air museum. Are they gonna offer all the static aircraft currently on its deck with the kit?

that would make for quite a change of pace, model wise. gonna check the Intrepid museum site to see if it lists its inventory. Pretty sure a Blackbird is on the deck.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

There is one.

It was flown across country for a new air speed record then retired and moved to the Intrepid.

Reply to
Bradford Chaucer

Craig wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

It is a 'Blackbird' though its actually the earlier A-12 rather than the SR-71.

Certainly accoring to the website...

I'd be surpised to see if they really did this version, as the museum. It was converted to angle deck as well - I though they'd done the straight deck version of this class? Not sure how much retooling would be required...

Reply to
Peter Baxter

FWIW "The Evil I" saw quite a bit of service in her earlier configurations and would be an interesting piece of history whatever deck shape she is modeled in. That said, if Panda's people are looking for reference, it is sitting right there at dockside and I would bet on the present configuration as easiest approach for them to model. I would have to dig out my references to see what 27? series she is.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

On the other hand, wouldn't it be nice if they did both main versions, you could depict a ship all the way from WW II to Vietnam that way.

Claus "Peter Baxter" skrev i en meddelelse news:Xns93B1E384C27A4pjbaxterhotmailcom@199.45.49.11...

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen