Repost: Sources For Improving the Revell 1/720 USS Intrepid?

Hey.

I got the Revell USS Intrepid (Essex-class) aircraft carrier kit at a flea market and hope to build it soon. (Yeah, I can hear you saying, 'you should have bought a Hasegawa Essex-class instead'. This deal was too good to pass by. And now that the Intrepid has been re-released and is currently available again, building it now is a better idea than it had been!) I have the D&S book on the USS Lexington, so I know that the kit isn't all that faithful and needs to be improved. I've already ordered new aircraft for the deck, but I want to know what else I should be looking for to make this model the best possible within my means. Weapon sets? Photoetch? Replacement rudders and props? Deck hardware? Decal sheets?

My aim is for a architypical later '44 thru end of the Pacific War ship, possibly with a Hull number from one of the unbuilt ships in the class. Semi-fictional.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 Pilot's Log:

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce