1:72 Nuclear Weapons?

Hi All - does anyone know of a manufacturer of 1:72 scale nuclear weapons? Hasegawa does lots of conventional stuff but no nukes.

Any Suggestions appreciated!

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
RepublicThunderJet

Here are some RAF ones...

jahwheeler

There are a couple of B-61s in the Academy F-117, and the Academy B-29 Enola Gay and Bock's Car boxings have Little Boy and Fat Man bombs respectively. For the big bombs used in B-36s and B-52s, some styrene tube and sheet is all you need to make your own; they were barely aerodynamic sewer-pipes. Belcher Bits does 1/72 British weapons in resin:

You could also fairly easily convert an F-105 droptank to the Shape used by F-84s. The Monogram 1/48 kit can supply the pattern.

Reply to
Jeff C

The old Testors-imported Italeri NATO Weapons Set includes two Mark 61 Nuclear Bombs. Italeri may still have this set in production.

Idea's F-101 Voodoo and F-89 Scorpion kits (in certain boxings) sometimes include Genie atomic-warhead rockets.

Hope this helps!

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 Pilot's Log:

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce

According to the cybermodeler review, the Trumpeter RA-5 Vigilante includes nukes.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

AGM-69 SRAM Short Range Attack Missiles are included in Testors' B-2 Spirit kit. AGM-69s are useful loads for SAC FB-111As and late-model B-52s.

Martin

Reply to
centennialofflight

B-43 free-fall nuclear weapons are included in the 1/72 Italeri B-58 Hustler kit.

Martin

Reply to
centennialofflight

Thanks Guys - some good stuff there!

Cheers

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
RepublicThunderJet

don't forget the avro blue steel as featured in the airfix kit of the vulcan.

and if memory serves me correctly there have been recent resin kits for the two weapons used at hiroshima and nagasaki.

t.

Reply to
87015

The new 1/72nd Trumpeter Vigilante does indeed include nice nukes - two Mk. 43 and two Mk 28. Those can be used on F-100s, F-104s, etc. The B-61s from the Italeri weapons set and F-117 kit can be hung on F-4s, A-6s, and later aircraft.

Reply to
Brooklyn Modeler

Also qualified on F-4, I think.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

Hi Guys, I have the Trumpeter Vigilante in 1/72 and was wondering if those underwing nukes were ever actually intended for the RA-5C. Did the RA-5C carry anything under it's wings besides sensors and cameras? Thanks, Gene

Reply to
Gene Gatti

In theory I believe they could carry them, but it seems that RA-5C groups rarely, if ever, even trained for the mission. The only pictures I've ever seen of the Viggie with nuke shapes is a couple of test bird shots, no operational shots. I wouldn't put them on, personally. They rarely carried the flash pods, normally only in peacetime, and usually only under one wing, not both. Other than a flash pod, the only other thing I've seen on operational Viggies are fuel tanks. Even these were relatively uncommon and normally only used for ferry flights as the RA-5C had good range on internal fuel alone. On missions over Vietnam, they flew clean for maximum speed.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Damned if I can remember where, I think it's my book on US Jet Bombers, I've seen some footage of the development a/c not only carrying, but dropping Mk 80 500# bombs from MERS, and firing off four TERS worth of 2.75" rockets. It's an impressive photo.

Does anyone else know which book it might be in?

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Drew Hill

Don't forget that the RA-5C started out as the A-5A, a nuclear bomber. Since the capability was there at the start, I guess they kept it around just in case.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

i looked in the lindberg box; no blue steel there. and yep, oddball scale.

Yes, 1/96 as I recall. And it's a prototype. You can tell by the straight leading edges of the wings.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

hokay

The production Mk.1 had an increase in chord at the halfway point toward the tips. The Mk.2s got a really elaborate leading edge extension.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller