Gunther Rall's early years

Anyone have information on Gunther Rall's early aircraft. I understand he scored his first kill around the end of the Battle of Britain. Any idea if that is true and what his aircraft's markings might have been?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris Spierings

I can't help with markings, except to say that when Rall made his first kill (I guess in a Bf 109 E) , he had recently been transferred to the newly formed III Gruppe/JG 52 - flying out of Mannheim, on 12 May 1940, he shot down a French Curtiss P-36 over Diedenhoven - during the Battle of France, before the Battle of Britain, in fact before the French were even defeated.

Paul Jones, Perth, Western Australia.

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Paul Jones