panthers

where were their radio antennas? can't see any in pictures.

Grumman Panther? Just looked at the cutaway drawing in the Complete Book of Fighters...

Upper antenna was built into the top of the vertical stabilizer, lower was a blade unit set between the intakes on the belly.

Hope this helps!

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen Bierce

sorry, i guess you didn't see the pics. i meant a tank panther.

Left rear hull, just forward of the engine cooling fan, unless it is one of those command or artillery observer variants. They have multiple antennas with one on the turret too.

Reply to
RobG

Shoot me an e-mail and I can scan a pic for you. The crows feet were used, but on the special variant, not standard ones (or so I believe).

Reply to
RobG

It seem to be mostly on the left rear deck.

Though some seem to sprout them in a multitude of locations.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer