Phantom carrying AA-11 Archers

In a recent post on rec.aviation.military.naval, someone who should know mentioned Iranian F-4s being armed with AA-11 Archer missiles.
This unusual armament is, in my opinion, too good to resist, and it's gone onto the 'must build' list. Problem is, I don't have pictures of this setup. Does anyone here know where I might find such pictures?
Thanks
Rob

And don't forget the Iranian F-14 Tomcats armed with Raytheon HAWK surface-to-air missiles.
Martin
Rob van Riel wrote:

FWIW I just tossed out a book catalog that listed a book on the Phantom in Iranian service. Might have some of what you need. I don't remember the title or author, sorry.
                                Bill Shuey
I believe Osprey Vanguard recently did a book on the Iraq-Iran War in thge air. Curt

William H. Shuey wrote:

http://www.ospreypublishing.com/title_detail.php/title=S6585
Stephan

I think the book he's mentioning is:
Iranian F-4 Phantom II Units in Combat by Tom Cooper (Osprey Combat Aircraft # 37). Check it out on Amazon.
Regards
Sidewinder
(gotta admit a HAWK armed Tomcat is one mean cat!)
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Sidewinder) wrote in message

The 'someone who should know' I mentioned was Tom Cooper, so I guess that if there were pictures of the F-4/AA-11 setup in there he would have told me so when I asked :-) Still, this is probably a book I'll be taking a closer look at.
Rob
snipped-for-privacy@mail.com (Rob van Riel) wrote:

No info on pics, but that same poster also mentioned that Iran has put the Magic on its F-4s,F-5s, and F-14s, since any aircraft wired for AIM-9 is also Magic capable. Some of the Iranian Phantoms also carry the AS-11 ARM and related pod, as well as the C-802 ASM from the PRC. The Su-24 force carries Soviet PGMs, and US Mk-82, -83, -84, and -117 dumb bombs. The MiG-29s use standard Russian AAMs, plus the Magic.
While not an Iranian mount, another very unusual payload for a Phantom is the KH-31 ( I recall) missile. I photographed a Navy Phantom (QF-4B or QF-4N ) at Pt. Magu a few years ago that had a Russian KH-31 missile hanging from the center pylon. I was told that we were evaluating the technology. I already have plans on doing this combo in 1/72!
I do have the details in my files ( whether it was a B or N model and the actual designation of the missile) but I am not in the area where I keep my reference files right now!
Mike
On 11 Nov 2003 01:19:57 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mail.com (Rob van Riel) wrote:

Definately a contender for the cool and unusual loadouts competition. Any chance of the pictures encountering a scanner and ending up on the web at some point in time?
Rob
Rob: I sure can scan some of my better photos! Please send me your email address where you could receive the photos. I am heading off on a business trip in an hour or so, so it would be the end of the week before I can get the photos to you. There was also an Aviation Week article on the evaluation of the Russian missile, but I could not find it in my files when I did a quick scan this morning. Mike
On 16 Nov 2003 03:23:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@mail.com (Rob van Riel) wrote:

I remember this. I seem to recall having seen pics in World Airpower Journal or similar mag. I also seem to remember a story about it on the evening network news. What you were told is basically what I remember as well.
IPMS El Paso Web Guy http://www.ipmselpaso.org