Boeing B 314

Hi there! Does anyone know a shop (online-?) with that old Boeing 314 clipper in stock?

Thx

Al

Reply to
Albrecht Klein

MGFoster

Modelairliners.com ($55.00) MC14486 Minicraft Aircraft of the American Presidency

or the B314 by itself... MC14503 Minicraft Pan Am Boeing 314 Clipper ($11.00)
Cheers! Scott.

Reply to
ScottyG

Or you can track down the old Airfix 1/144 kit.

Then there is the Combat 1/72 vacuform....

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Tom:

You probably mentioned the Combat Models effort with tongue in cheek. Actually, it might be worth a look. I have recently picked up the Combat

1/48 scale Martin Mercator and Martin Mariner. These two are workable, not like some of Combat's later efforts.

Bill Shuey Certified Vac-U-Form addict

Reply to
William H. Shuey

The Minicraft kit IS the airfix kit.

Reply to
Jeff C

Except that it now has recessed panel lines and no rivets. Not to mention a much better decal sheet for the civil markings - no 'military' option, unfortunately.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I just looked at the Minicraft boxing a few days ago, and it looked raised rather than recessed--in fact, except for the decals, it looked exactly like the Airfix. Now I'm going to have to look again, because what I thought I saw and what you say are not jibing. A note though--I'd rather the panel lines were raised. In this scale, I don't really want to see most panel lines, and it's easier to sand off raised lines than fill recessed ones.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert