If this project reaches its target I will buy plans for HMS Colossus from the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich and have modelling plans drafted from them. The plans will be made available under a Creative Commons license.
If you are interested in seeing more modelling plans produced, please visit the project and donate some money. Any amount helps.
I hope that this can become a new way of producing plans for ships which have no modelling plans available.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com or via the Kickstarter project.
Thanks, Tom
Tom,
An interesting notion. Do you have any credentials? Evidence that you've done this sort of planning might help your funding.
Dave M.
On 2014-04-10 23:51:15 +1000, Tom Davies said:

Very interesting. Years ago I employed some artists to create models for another industry, and I used to ask them they would be willing to build complete 3D virtual models of ships like this but to a detail that was very fine - like virtualised tours but utterly complete - not just a single deck or corridor. Something like a WW2 battleship or an old galeon. Good luck, I'll checkout the project on KS.