Post Office Box Rule

"The Postal Service said it promotes recycling, as long as customers pay accordingly,"

huh?

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote: : : mmmmmm, mink bikinis, 60's movies. dr strangelove or something. : 1,000,000 BC. Racquel Welch, pteredons and lizards.

"Cave Man" is also pretty good. Totally different genre, but good for laughs.

No fur bikinis in "Dr. Strangelove", but I hear a fellar can have a pretty good time in Vegas with that Air Force survival kit...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

20 rubles in gold, 4 chocolate bars and a pack of condoms...
Reply to
someone

Personally, I liked "Quest for Fire"...

Reply to
Rufus

was that a raquel welch, too?

Reply to
someone

Raqel Welch in a caveman movie, "something-or-other B.C.". That's one to see just for her appearance there.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Rae Dawn Chong (daughter of Tommy Chong of "Cheech and Chong" fame).

Reply to
willshak

z said the following on 12/05/2008 19:06:

You could always do what someone spoke about in a comedy programme long ago and that's to fill a balloon with helium, put it in a box so that it floats and get the post office to pay you to have it delivered.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

...with mo' Chong, and less fur...like none...

Reply to
Rufus

Rufus wrote: : : Personally, I liked "Quest for Fire"... : Ufff. Elephants dressed in shag carpeting. That is what I remember from that stinker.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Yeah, just a chalk-like covering.

Reply to
willshak

om...

One Million Years BC

OldSchool

Thank you!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Agreed ,so I reckon once they give the box away to the customer the box becomes their property.When the item is recieved at the other end then the box becomes the property of the receiver.

I would think that the cost of the box would be included in the postage cost any way . Here in Australia you buy the boxes or satchels before you post the item ,no "freebies" here.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

"Kevin(Bluey)" wrote: : : Here in Australia you buy the boxes or satchels before you post the item : ,no "freebies" here. : The USPS has been dysfunctional for many decades now. The free priority boxes were a way to increase sales, but even a member of the US Postal Service Board of Reagents should have been smart enough to realize where the "free boxes" campaign was going to lead.

Add to that a report from the (US) Government Accounting Office (GAO) which states that the USPS can't determine whether their web site is making any money or not.

And, of course, the fee you pay for the USPS "tracking" service. All that "service" does is let you know that the USPS has received an invoice for a package, and the tracking service stays that way until it is delivered, at which time the web site helpfully says "delivered". Not to whom, or what time, but simeply "delivered". And to think that UPS, FedEx, DHL et. al. don't charge "extra" for their tracking service.

So, it is unsurprising that the USPS makes assinine rules about how you can use "their" box.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden