Primer For Model Maker Lacquer System

I tried following the instructions of the folks at the hobby store to get Plasticote primer to use with the Model Master Lacquer System. However, I didn't get a "part" number and have doubts that the primer I picked up after much reading is too hot to work. What is being used to prime models for this system?

Sincerely,

Big Al Baltimore

Reply to
AlbertCherer

Why did they recommend Plasticote? Were the Testors primers out of stock?

Most automotive lacquer primers should work fine, just don't use a 'sandable' primer. And, as always, test on scrap parts first...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

primer I

Yes it so happens that the Testors primer was out. Maybe I should order some as I think I bought the wrong type of Plasticote. I beleive I purchased the sandable type. Then again I could go back to the auto store and pick up a different type of Plasticote.

Thanks,

Big Al Baltimore

Reply to
AlbertCherer