[Q] F15 Eagle Plus (fictional)

I'm interested in doing a kitbash of this plane, taken from a Japanese movie, Patlabor 2.

I plan to to it in 1/72, and figure I can use a Hasegawa F-15C as the base. However, what should I use for the tail? Is it closer to a YF-22 or 23?

Reply to
Sir Loin of Beef

It's been done in 1/1 scale by NASA...

Tails are normal F-15, I think the canards came from an F-18?

Sten

Reply to
Sten

For ACTIVE Eagle you are correct. For the plane depicted in the Japanese artwork ... that ain't ACTIVE Eagle! Inspired by, perhaps, but not the NASA bird!

Dean

Reply to
Dean Eubanks

The tails are closer still to a YF-23...the exhaust nozzles look like F/A-22.

I did a couple of similar bashes - one in 1/72 and one in 1/32 - into the STOL Demo version F-15. I made my canards (F/A-18 stabs) from two pieces of sheet styrene; top and bottom skins - glued the edges and slipped a central spar between to give them depth. They came out pretty well. Have fun.

Reply to
Rufus

Yes - they are F/A-18 stabs...I know the project pilot...

I wanted to work on this, but as close as I got was building a couple models. I may still have pics I could post on ABMS if anyone's interested.

Reply to
Rufus