Johnson Future

Hello,

Johnson Future is not available in Europe. Can anyone send me a bottle? I'll ofcourse pay for it and the costs. I live in the Netherlands by the way.

Greetings

Reply to
Teun

There is a source for Future in the Netherlands (maybe more, but only one that I know of): Luchtvaart Hobby Shop, near Schiphol International Airport. Their website is

Hope this helps, Sven

"Teun" schreef in bericht news:bndqgg$6qk$ snipped-for-privacy@reader08.wxs.nl...

Reply to
TimeLess

Yes I know Sven :-) I ordered 4 months ago but they don't have it. I spoke one of them. He just returned from the US and told me he couldn't find it there. Strange, I thought almost every grocery shop in the US sells Future. I found one online shop which sells it (6 pack) but with shipping cost and Dutch tax one botlle will cost me around $40 !

I guess I must look further :-(

Reply to
Teun

You Can buy it in Europe under other names, in the UK it is called KLEAR

Reply to
Ted Taylor

'Future' is marketed in Europe as 'Kleer'. I'm not sure if it is sold in the Netherlands, but if you can find 'Kleer' in a local market you've got the same product.

Steve

Reply to
Rabbi

if you get no luck, email me an di will send you some from the UK

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

B&Q or Tesco do Johnson's Klear

Spencer The undisputed "I've never finished a model" king

Reply to
Spencer

Hey! Safeway as well!

Reply to
JP

Actually Klear and similar European products ARE NOT THE SAME PRODUCT as Future. They are similar and work almost the same on models, but they are not the same.

The US Future is cristal clear, while Klear is actually not clear - it is a bit milky.

Reply to
Vodnik

I have had Future be a bit milky, but dries totally transparent.

Woody

Vodnik wrote:

Reply to
James Woody

That's interesting... I have a bottle of genuine Johnsohn's Future bought in the USA ( Thanks again, Al! ) and it is cristal clear. All European products I saw were more or less milky, although they indeed dry transparent (some of them however have slight yellowing effect, so caution is required when used over the white paint).

Reply to
Vodnik

Before spending big bucks to ship the US version check out "The Complete Future" at

PerkMstr

I have a bottle of Johnson Klar Polish (made for Scandinavia, it is even marked as environmentally friendly, with the nordic "Swan" mark) and it is _definitely_ clear as water, not milky at all.

I have another, similar, Danish brand floor polish, which contains wax. It is slightly milky. It will however dry up to a nice satin matt finish so it is also useful. But it's not Future/Klear.

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Hillerøe Petersen

Yes it does - slightly pear flavored, I suppose. It not just may be Future - I'm sure it is. Other, milky brands (we have one called Sterling) contain wax.

I bought my bottle of Klar at a hobby store - the owner had imported some from Sweden where it is/was more common. Perhaps they have changed the formula for Scandinavia since, if it now contains wax and is milky, but what I have in my 4-5 year old bottle is a crystal clear liquid.

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Hillerøe Petersen

"...In the Netherlands it is known as "Pronto Wax for wooden floors" with a brown cap or "Parket Plus..."

Pronto Wax is unknown in the Netherlands. Must be the Spanish "equivalent". We do have Parket Plus (and Vloer Plus) but the results are poor and the smell is different.

How much does Future cost in the US?

Reply to
Teun

The Luchtvaart Hobby Shop near Schiphol sometimes sells a bottle of Future.

"Teun" schreef in bericht news:bo0ccp$mir$ snipped-for-privacy@reader10.wxs.nl...

"equivalent".

Reply to
Lode