[Q] Painting 1/1 pistol?

I've used Gunze's gun metal, but feel that the flakes look unnatural.. it still looks like painted plastic. How should I be painting a 1/1 replica pistol?

Reply to
Jonnson Liew

I know this sounds sort of screwy, but to make gunmetal I paint with gloss black and then use SnJ aluminum powder lightly brushed on. Then polish out the whole thing to get the shade you want. You can alter the sheen by the about of powder used.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell