RAF Phantom colour question

I'm building an FGR 2 taking off. I believe exposed edges under lowered leading edge flaps are red, but what about the air bleed doors on the fuselage ( both edges and main inner surface ) and the trailing edge flaps?

Thanks

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

Ian,

I've got some photos of XT899 in the all-blue scheme at RAF Wildenrath, taken in 1991. The fuselage side doors are just cracked open a few cms only, but the inner surface is red. Also, the edges of the flaps are red, as are the corresponding areas of wing.

A photo I have of F-4S ZE359 indicates that the under fuselage doors are also red inside.

HTH

Reply to
Chris Hughes