Re: 1/100 HMS Victory crew figures?

Greetings All!

> Requesting any and all input on crew figures to man the 1/100 scale >Heller HMS Victory. I've cut it down to waterline in simulated seas with >sails set. It's gonna look a might strange with no crew >aboard......PLEASE HELP? > I do have a set of Revell's 1/96 Old Ironsides figures that might do >after a little modifying. Any other ideas? >

All the Revell large-scale ships came with suitable crew figures -- the Cutty Sark/Thermopylae/Pedro Nunes, the Kearsarge/Alabama, and the Constitution/United States.

Imai made several different sets of crew figures in 1/100 scale to go with their Nippon Maru school ship. These were sold as optional accessory sets, additional to the ship kit itself.

Reply to
Alexander Arnakis

If you can ge a hold of the Imai figures previously mentioned you'll have a good foundation for working them into Victory crewmen. They are slightly smaller in stature than the figures that come with all the Revell kits, however you should be able to mix those in as well, if you can come up with any.

15mm figures are too large for the 1:100 Victory or for any of the 1:96 kits, in my opinion. They're useful for crewing kits that are slightly larger, such as the Aurora Wanderer Whaler, which seems to be somewhere around 1:80 or the large Revell Cutty Sark which I believe is 1:74.

Where to get the Imai figure sets? Good luck. I found one of each at a model show years ago. They're quite hard to find.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Levine