Re: beginner needs help with painting

Frankie Most hobby paints are already formulated for brush painting. The problem is, most likely, the brush you are using. For large areas buy a
broad flat brush from your'e local art shop ( when I say broad I mean 1/4 inch) Buy the best one you can afford. I prefer natural bristle, preferable sable, but there are alternatives which are as good. Make sure the paint is well stirred and remember; two thin coats are better than one thick one. HTH
I personally feel brush painting takes more artistry than rattle can or airbrush painting. It is HARD to get a really good brush job without any brush marks. I think rattle can painting is easiest, airbrush next, brush last. Now, this is for large areas. Painting detail parts with brush is easy.
Now, as far as thinning, it is same as with airbrush- experience. What ratio works well for one person is not ideal for another. It takes experience and practice. Get some scrap or stock styrene, some paint, and spend at least three to four hours practicing. Same advice when you move to airbrush.
frankiefiveangels wrote:

--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
snipped-for-privacy@usfamily.net