RAF Aircraft Photos

Im building RAF Tornados and Harriers, but i want some detailed photos of the real things to work from, best I got are Paul Nann.com, anyone got any other suggestions? Also I cant seem to find the right colour for my Tornado F3, any suggestions for that? Thanks in Advance Simon

Reply to
Simon George

Simon,

If your ISP carries alt.binaries.pictures.aviation, then try posting a request there.

Those folks seem to be able to put up pics featuring just about any detail, of any aircraft of which you can think!

HTH...

Jay Beckman Chandler, AZ

PS...I believe there is also an alt.binaries.pictures.military as well.

Reply to
Jay Beckman

The colours for the F3 are 626 Camouflage Grey (Humbrol 167) over 627 Light Aircraft Grey (Humbrol 166)

By the way, does anyone know the colour scheme for the Typhoon T1 that has just entered service? I'm guessing it's 626 Camo Grey, top and bottom.

Dave

Sim> Im building RAF Tornados and Harriers, but i want some detailed photos of

Reply to
David Hetherington

is the official MOD site. You have to register to get access, but it's painless. The higher-res pix cost money (but they are print resolution -- the stuff that's available for free download is good enough) I found a load of useful pictures for my Harrier in there, and I'm sure the Tornado coverage is equally good. Lot's of "in action" images, with people loading up weapons, doing maintenance etc., which aren't quite a walkaround, but are pretty darn useful.

HTH,

Bestest, M.

Reply to
Matt Bacon