Lister CS crank bearings

Anyone have any idea how to remove the bearing housings on a CS3/1? It appears that the crank bush is tight on the crank on 1 side but the other side I still cant pull the housing & bush off the crank. It moves about 1/8" then stops. How are the oil throwers fixed? I cant work it out from the manual and cross section on the pdf's I've got. The throwers look to be threaded on the drawing, is this right? Also there is a screw shown [part A129], what does this do? Is this what I assume is the screw on top of the bearing housings? I've removed these but is there a screw inside somewhere? I dont want to start hitting things then find out things are threaded or have fixing screws holding them. cheers, Simon Ps, I was suprised how easy it turned out removing the flywheels, the keys were another matter!

Reply to
simon.wass

I've just found a file on the utterpower CD which says; Clean crankshaft ends thoroughly before drawing off main bearings. Undo nuts securing main bearing housings and withdraw, allowing crankshaft to rest on sides od crankcase. In drawing off the main bearings, a certain amount of stiffness may be encountered from the oil thrower rings. Can anyone put this into basic instruction? How do you 'draw off the main bearings'? Are the oil throwers simply pressed onto the crankshaft? If so does this mean the whole lot should just pull off, albeit tightly? Simon

Reply to
simon.wass