Re: Craters in paint

The dreaded "fisheye", usually from minute contamination by silicone or finger oils.
Teun wrote:

surface?
heard
some
It's only the paint surface. I sprayed it from a can and the plastic was cold. It was also dry. I don't use a drying booth. I let it dry for 10 minutes before spraying the second coat. I put the can in hot water for 10 minutes before spraying. At the second attempt I used a cold can. No difference.
With craters I mean a sort of tiny cracks all over the body with rising edges....
Teun

Did you use a primer coat? If so, what kind?

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.

I used Tamiya Primer White.
Cracks are usually cased by the first coat drying at a different rate than the second coat. I always shoot the model warm and if using a spray can, let it soak in a pan of hot water for 20 minutes and be sure to shake it VERY well, usually hearing a rattle inside the can. Sam

the
A quick google search found this. http://www.asianpaints.com/Painting_guide/painting_common_defects.html
--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com
Sounds familiar? "Pin-Holing - Tiny round breaks in a paint film giving the appearance of a pinhole. Caused by rapid solvent loss. They may or may not have raised edges." That's how "Testors' Understanding paint" describes it. This is very helpful reading found at testors.com. Pavlos