Looking for Monogram kits

I'm looking for a couple of kits to complete my collection - a Monogram Dornier 335 and an Eidaigrip McLaren M23 in 1/8. I've done a search on eBay, but there's no sign. Anyone any idea where I can find them, or what I can expect to pay? Sometimes you've just got to wait till the right thing pops up on an auction site. J

Reply to
john

I think the Promodeler Do 335 is the same as the Monogram, but I guess that won't do you any good if you want it in a Monogram box for collection purposes.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

I think the M23 was also boxed as an Entex. It was a $400 kit before ebay came along. Haven't seen on for sale in years. Not surprised they aren't poping up. Its a pretty rare kit.The decals will need a coat of preservative before you soak them, if they are usuable at all. Luckily the thing is so big a sign shop can cut the Marlboros from vinyl if needed. The plastic was so brittle on mine I eventually gave up trying to finish it.

The DO 335 shouldn't be that hard. I see them occasionally. I think Great Hobby Adventures in Des Moines has one.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Hiett

Reply to
Eric Houkal

is that the 1/48 two seater?

monograms do335 can be buildt either way. check vendors at your local contest/shows.

Reply to
KONDA24

I believe the Promodeler version is actually the Dragon version with styrene parts to replace the PE supplied in the Dragon kit.

Reply to
The Raven

Just to clarify, that's the 1/72 kit I'm talking about.

Reply to
The Raven

Can't say I've ever seen a 1/72 Mono/Dragon 335... 1/48, yes (Monogram only) but not 1/72

Reply to
EGMcCann

Snip

Thanks for your comments everyone - I'll keep my eyes open and my wallet ready...... J

Reply to
john

The Promodeler kit was in 1/48 scale and was a rehash of the old Monogram kit with a couple of PE parts. The Dragon kit was in 1/72 and never reboxed by Monogram (either under the Monogram or Promodeler label) that I know of. Revell could have reboxed the Dragon kit, but the only 1/72 Revell Do335s I've seen are the old Revell twin seater kit.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

You're right, the Dragon kit was reboxed by Revell and not Monogram.

Reply to
The Raven