selling unused kits

Hi,
I have 15 or 16 unbuilt 1/48 scale aircraft kits I would like to dispose
of - bought when full of enthusiasm, but have long since returned to my
primary interest of R/C aircraft. I have recently moved to a small apartment
so really haven't the space to store unwanted models any longer.
Is it 'allowed' to advertise them here? How do I determine the value of the
models? Or should I put them on E-Bay?
I live in Finland, so postage to the US, for example, costs a few $ more
than local post, but I have sent various things abroad many times with
complete success.
Thanks,
David Smith, Kouvola, Finland
Reply to
David Smith
You can advertise here. Everybody does.:-)
Cheers,
Bostjan
David Smith wrote:
Reply to
Bostjan Lemut
CERTAINLY! Go ahead and advertise here, we really don't mind! Honest! You have a world wide audience and you have just as much chance of selling them to someone in the EU or CIS as anywhere in the US. For the sake of bandwidth please put them in one post and put AD: in the subject header. That lets us all know that it's an ADvertisement.
Otheroptions are Ebay, really not that bad of an idea to be honest. Once again you've got a worldwide audience, and sometimes they'll go for more than you might think if there's a high demand for them for a contest somewhere. Ya never know!
One other option is:
I've never put any- thing there, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of traffic, but it is free and I'm told by some that they've bought kits with no problems.
Hope this helps!
Reply to
Drew Hill
Modelersswapmeet is new so the traffic is still building up. The site has only benn up for two weeks and has over 4000 views not bad for something that really has not been advertised
Reply to
masterpiecemodels
Modelersswapmeet is new so the traffic is still building up. The site has only benn up for two weeks and has over 4000 views not bad for something that really has not been advertised
Reply to
masterpiecemodels
Thanks, here is a list. I have no idea of prices, so if anyone can offer some guidance, I'd appreciate it. I did try ploughing through the relevant sections on E Bay but ended up non the wiser!
So...advice/offers on the following welcome!
David Smith, Kouvola, Finland (My return address requires some obvious changes in order to work)
Aeroclub 1:48 D.H. 60G Moth Complete, boxed, vac-form kit
Airfix 1:48 EE Lightning F-1/F-1A/F-2/F-3 New, boxed and parts bagged
Dragon 1:48 FW 190A-8 New, boxed and parts bagged includes etched parts
Hasegawa 1:48 Macchi C202 'Cavallino Rampante' New, boxed and parts bagged
Hasegawa 1:48 P-52D Mustang 'Jumpin' Jacques' New, boxed and parts bagged Aeromaster decals: 'Aces of the 8th P51 pt1' 48-071
ICM (Ukraine) 1:48 Yak-9K New, boxed and parts bagged
Monogram 1:48 F9F Panther New, boxed and parts bagged Eduard etched brass set 48-008
Monogram 1:48 F-80-B Shooting Star New, boxed and parts' bag opened but unstarted Reheat instrument panel, Reheat vintage cockpit placards, Microsale decal set 'Maximum Goose' & 'Minimum Goose' 48-107
Revell 1:48 Consolodated PBY-5 Catalina New, boxed and parts bagged
Revell 1:48 Bell UH-1D SAR helicopter New, boxed and parts' bag opened but unstarted
Revell 1:48 P-40E Warhawk Some work done, instructions missing.
Revell 1:48 Reno racer set -P51D & T6 New, boxed and parts bagged
Revell 1:48 F-84G Thunderjet New, boxed and parts bagged
Revell-Monogram 'Pro Modeller' 1:48 SB2C-4 Helldiver New, boxed and parts bagged (slight damage to box)
Tamiya 1:35 British 25pdr field gun Some sub-assemblies completed, no painting.
1:48 RWD-8 Complete, boxed, injection moulded kit, Polish Unsure of manufacturer, box in Polish!
Reply to
David Smith
i would offer $25 and shipping for the 1/48 pby.
Update, three kits sold, the ICM Yak 9, Promodeller Helldiver and Dragon FW 190 dwent for 40 Euros together.
Other models still waiting new homes.
David Smith
Reply to
David Smith