selling unused kits

Hi, I have 15 or 16 unbuilt 1/48 scale aircraft kits I would like to dispose of - bought when full of enthusiasm, but have long since returned to my primary interest of R/C aircraft. I have recently moved to a small apartment so really haven't the space to store unwanted models any longer.

Is it 'allowed' to advertise them here? How do I determine the value of the models? Or should I put them on E-Bay?

I live in Finland, so postage to the US, for example, costs a few $ more than local post, but I have sent various things abroad many times with complete success.

Thanks,

David Smith, Kouvola, Finland

Reply to
David Smith

You can advertise here. Everybody does.:-)

Cheers,

Bostjan

David Smith wrote:

Reply to
Bostjan Lemut

CERTAINLY! Go ahead and advertise here, we really don't mind! Honest! You have a world wide audience and you have just as much chance of selling them to someone in the EU or CIS as anywhere in the US. For the sake of bandwidth please put them in one post and put AD: in the subject header. That lets us all know that it's an ADvertisement.

Otheroptions are Ebay, really not that bad of an idea to be honest. Once again you've got a worldwide audience, and sometimes they'll go for more than you might think if there's a high demand for them for a contest somewhere. Ya never know!

One other option is:

I've never put any- thing there, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of traffic, but it is free and I'm told by some that they've bought kits with no problems.

Hope this helps!

Reply to
Drew Hill

Modelersswapmeet is new so the traffic is still building up. The site has only benn up for two weeks and has over 4000 views not bad for something that really has not been advertised

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

Modelersswapmeet is new so the traffic is still building up. The site has only benn up for two weeks and has over 4000 views not bad for something that really has not been advertised

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

Thanks, here is a list. I have no idea of prices, so if anyone can offer some guidance, I'd appreciate it. I did try ploughing through the relevant sections on E Bay but ended up non the wiser!

So...advice/offers on the following welcome!

David Smith, Kouvola, Finland (My return address requires some obvious changes in order to work)

Aeroclub 1:48 D.H. 60G Moth Complete, boxed, vac-form kit

Airfix 1:48 EE Lightning F-1/F-1A/F-2/F-3 New, boxed and parts bagged

Dragon 1:48 FW 190A-8 New, boxed and parts bagged includes etched parts

Hasegawa 1:48 Macchi C202 'Cavallino Rampante' New, boxed and parts bagged

Hasegawa 1:48 P-52D Mustang 'Jumpin' Jacques' New, boxed and parts bagged Aeromaster decals: 'Aces of the 8th P51 pt1' 48-071

ICM (Ukraine) 1:48 Yak-9K New, boxed and parts bagged

Monogram 1:48 F9F Panther New, boxed and parts bagged Eduard etched brass set 48-008

Monogram 1:48 F-80-B Shooting Star New, boxed and parts' bag opened but unstarted Reheat instrument panel, Reheat vintage cockpit placards, Microsale decal set 'Maximum Goose' & 'Minimum Goose'

48-107

Revell 1:48 Consolodated PBY-5 Catalina New, boxed and parts bagged

Revell 1:48 Bell UH-1D SAR helicopter New, boxed and parts' bag opened but unstarted

Revell 1:48 P-40E Warhawk Some work done, instructions missing.

Revell 1:48 Reno racer set -P51D & T6 New, boxed and parts bagged

Revell 1:48 F-84G Thunderjet New, boxed and parts bagged

Revell-Monogram 'Pro Modeller' 1:48 SB2C-4 Helldiver New, boxed and parts bagged (slight damage to box)

Tamiya 1:35 British 25pdr field gun Some sub-assemblies completed, no painting.

1:48 RWD-8 Complete, boxed, injection moulded kit, Polish Unsure of manufacturer, box in Polish!
Reply to
David Smith

i would offer $25 and shipping for the 1/48 pby.

Update, three kits sold, the ICM Yak 9, Promodeller Helldiver and Dragon FW

190 dwent for 40 Euros together.

Other models still waiting new homes.

David Smith

Reply to