Value of old kits

I have a lots of unbuilt kits from the 50s and 60s I want to sell. Is there a source anywhere that lists the market value of old kits? Is ebay a good place to sell these?

Thanks.

Sabu

Reply to
Robert Morrisette

Try John Burns at Kit Collector's Clearinghouse. He has a newsletter to run ads and a line of value guides that should help.

snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net

That should give you some idea of what your kits are worth.

Good luck,

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Put it on eBay, the prospective buyers will let you know if it's worth anything. If the kit is from a current manufacturer, and it's been reissued and available, it ain't worth poo*. If there is a updated version of the kit from a different manufacturer... the first poo* still applies. If it is completely unavailable now... well....maybe you got something.

Thanks.

Sabu

Reply to
Harry Kolomyjec

Place them on eBAY starting at 10.00, with no reserve. They will get bid up to whatever they are worth. Let's face it, any item you have is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Just because some book or newsletter tells you that something is valued at 500.00 doesn't mean anyone will give you that much.

Reply to
Bonerfied

they are totally worthless, let me take them off your hands,................... kidding,start here with your list and wants ,then go to e-Bay,let me know what you have . i collect/build 1/40th scale unbuilt/built missile/rocket kits from the 50,s 60,s .not too much i dont have by now...i have bought them all off of e-Bay,.................good luck

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

Better to start at $9.99 - the listing fee increases at $10.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Reply to
falsedawn2