Re: Biggest airplane kits and car kits?

> > > What are the biggest airplane and car kits? > I saw a huge B-52 kit one time in the 70's. > > What's the biggest car? I've head of a 1/8th Trans Am that's out of > production. What's the biggest car still easily available? > > > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= > *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! *** >
Unlimited Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

If you are only talking mainstream injection moulded kits, then the Monogram B-36 probably beats the B-52.

If you include limited-run resin, vacform or fibreglass, then currently it has to be the Amodel An-22 - see my build at :-

Not yet released, but promised are vacform kits of the Antonov An-124 Condor and An-225 Cossack - and as these are, respectively, the worlds second and first largest a/c, then I guess they would take the prize...check out his website at :-
Ken Duffey Flanker Freaks and Russian Aviation enthusiast. Flankers website at :-

Ken Duffey

What size/scale were the produced to order ME-262's that were offered a few years ago? I seem to recall 1/6th, but could be wrong

Reply to
IanDTurner

go to megahobby.com. they have a section on the home page for giant scale kits. Lots of them.

Revell has released the 1/8 '32 High Boy, there is a Jaguar XKE, etc...

Craig

Reply to
Craig

There is a 1/33rd B-52 from GPM. Also a 1/33rd Gigant (biggest glider?) and a1/33rd B-1 from Fly Models. Fly Models has a 1/33rd Sunderland (biggest flying boat?).

Here is one of the biggest models I know about. One could consider it a "car" model if you stretch the definition. Check out

.... for a Saturn V Apollo "crawler."

..../V

Reply to
Vess Irvine

Biggest car kits are kit cars.

Someone at work has a Lamborghini Countach replica under construction

Reply to
Martin (Please note spammers email address used)

... and if you want to go along the same lines for aircraft, look at homebuilts. :)

Reply to
EGMcCann

Although they are intended primarily as flying models, the Guillows aircraft models can be built as shelf scale. In fact, most of the multi-engined ones are really shelf scale. You need to add more details, and cover with something other than tissue on subjects that would have a metal skin. I have skinned them with card stock and with styrene sheet. They make really fine models if some extra work is put into them.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

There was a 1/72 747 with Shuttle at the 2003 Q-C show.

Tom

Reply to
Tom H

The biggest car model that comes to my tired mind was the renwal Visible V-8, and frame with tranny (which I saw put together once in an automotive shop class). At 1:4 scale, I really can't think of anything much bigger from a model manufacturer. I also heard (but never saw) that someone converted the about combo into a 1:4 scale hot rod. Now ~that~ would have been inspiring!

The Old Timer

Tamiya makes 1:6 scale injection-molded motorcycle kits.

That is the largest (full) automotive/motocycle kit I've seen.

Years ago, there were plastic 1:1 kits of old guns. And of course the life size models of human skull...

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

There are 6:1 models of insects

Tom

Reply to
Tom H

The biggest production injected kit of an airplane I can think of (in sheer bulk) would be a toss up between the 1/48 B-1 and 1/48 C-130, though the 1/72 B-36 might be a touch wider in absolute span. The largest kit I have would be a mystery vac'formed Me262B in 1/12 scale. If you want to cross over into glass/resin kits, there are now HUGE flying models that have enough detail to also work as static models, like a 1/6 scale(?) Su27 (!!!!) and similar subjects.

Reply to
steve gallacci

ITC made a Bumble Bee kit 8:1 scale.

PT

Reply to
Giessenlad

The 1/9 scale Testors/Pocher F1 kits are probably the biggest auto kits I've ever seen.

Then there once was a 1/72 kit of the USS Enterprise in production, once...not to mention the 1/48 scale model of RMS Titanic from Fine Art Models - I think you could/can get that one as a kit...of sorts.

As for the largest aircraft - I have an R/C kit of an Me 109G in 1/5 scale - the fuselage is six feet long. But I also know that there's bigger ones to be had...

Reply to
Rufus

That makes sense - his Countach has a Renault 30 engine and transaxle, he can't afford a decent engine!

Reply to
Martin (Please note spammers email address used)

Well, that won't go far...or often.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Been off the road for ages - wants either a 3.5 Rover V8 or a 5.7 US GM V8