Re: Biggest airplane kits and car kits?

If you are only talking mainstream injection moulded kits, then the Monogram B-36 probably beats the B-52.
If you include limited-run resin, vacform or fibreglass, then currently it has to be the Amodel An-22 - see my build at :- http://www.flankerman.fsnet.co.uk/modl_an-22.html
Not yet released, but promised are vacform kits of the Antonov An-124 Condor and An-225 Cossack - and as these are, respectively, the worlds second and first largest a/c, then I guess they would take the prize...check out his website at :- http://www.heavykits.com /
Ken Duffey Flanker Freaks and Russian Aviation enthusiast. Flankers website at :- www.flankers.co.uk

What size/scale were the produced to order ME-262's that were offered a few years ago? I seem to recall 1/6th, but could be wrong

go to megahobby.com. they have a section on the home page for giant scale kits. Lots of them.
Revell has released the 1/8 '32 High Boy, there is a Jaguar XKE, etc...
Craig

There is a 1/33rd B-52 from GPM. Also a 1/33rd Gigant (biggest glider?) and a1/33rd B-1 from Fly Models. Fly Models has a 1/33rd Sunderland (biggest flying boat?).
Here is one of the biggest models I know about. One could consider it a "car" model if you stretch the definition. Check out
http://www.microartwork.com/Products/Crawler/crawprevindex.htm
.... for a Saturn V Apollo "crawler."
..../V

Monogram
Condor
... and if you want to go along the same lines for aircraft, look at homebuilts. :)
wrote in message

The biggest car model that comes to my tired mind was the renwal Visible V-8, and frame with tranny (which I saw put together once in an automotive shop class). At 1:4 scale, I really can't think of anything much bigger from a model manufacturer. I also heard (but never saw) that someone converted the about combo into a 1:4 scale hot rod. Now ~that~ would have been inspiring!

That makes sense - his Countach has a Renault 30 engine and transaxle, he can't afford a decent engine!
"Martin (Please note spammers email address used)" wrote:

Well, that won't go far...or often.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Although they are intended primarily as flying models, the Guillows aircraft models can be built as shelf scale. In fact, most of the multi-engined ones are really shelf scale. You need to add more details, and cover with something other than tissue on subjects that would have a metal skin. I have skinned them with card stock and with styrene sheet. They make really fine models if some extra work is put into them.
--
Don Stauffer in Minnesota
snipped-for-privacy@usfamily.net
snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (Peter W.) wrote:

There are 6:1 models of insects
Tom

ITC made a Bumble Bee kit 8:1 scale.
PT
Peter W. wrote:

The 1/9 scale Testors/Pocher F1 kits are probably the biggest auto kits I've ever seen.
Then there once was a 1/72 kit of the USS Enterprise in production, once...not to mention the 1/48 scale model of RMS Titanic from Fine Art Models - I think you could/can get that one as a kit...of sorts.
As for the largest aircraft - I have an R/C kit of an Me 109G in 1/5 scale - the fuselage is six feet long. But I also know that there's bigger ones to be had...
--
- Rufus

The biggest production injected kit of an airplane I can think of (in sheer bulk) would be a toss up between the 1/48 B-1 and 1/48 C-130, though the 1/72 B-36 might be a touch wider in absolute span. The largest kit I have would be a mystery vac'formed Me262B in 1/12 scale. If you want to cross over into glass/resin kits, there are now HUGE flying models that have enough detail to also work as static models, like a 1/6 scale(?) Su27 (!!!!) and similar subjects.