Hobbycraft "Flash Point Flanker"

Ordered one hoping it would be an academy Flanker re-box. Boy was I disappointed! I think it is a Trumpeter or some other ripoff. Don't get caught like I was, order the original.

Keith

Reply to
Kmansro43

Keith,

Sorry to hear about your disappointment.

Can I bother you for a scan or photo of the boxtop - and maybe a short review - for my Flanker Model Survey pages ?? - see :-

A little expansion on 'Trumpeter ripoff' will do .

Cheers

Ken

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

Hobbycraft don't rip off Trumpeter; they have a mould-sharing agreement. Sometimes you can get a Trumpeter kit for a lot less money in a Hobbycraft box. Case in point is the Badger; I paid C$35.00 for one not long ago.

Approach all Hobbycraft kits as though they're limited-run and you'll have fewer aggravations :)

Reply to
Jeff C

I'm sorry to say that I gave the kit the heave ho after scavenging what ever parts I thought were useable. all I can say about the kit is as follows: surface texture was rought with trench-like panel lines. dry fitting told me that I would need a large amount of filler to conceal large gaps. the weapons were out of scale and several suffered from misaligned mold halves. the missle fins were very thick and crude. the clear canopy had visible distortion with flash being present. This was a disappointing kit, maybe I'm spoiled but I will be acquiring the Academy kits. I checked out your site and like it very much, keep up the excellent work.

sincerely, Keith

Reply to
Kmansro43